What happened to BOI???? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
srsb
Helen (Helenthereef)---you hit the nail on the head exactly for me! I, too, figured the contributing member thing was for people who posted classifieds, were breeders and sellers, and not just "lurkers" like me.

Maybe the powers that be can emphasize this point for the other slow folks like me!

I will contribute now! (as soon as I figure out how). Maybe that is another thing that could be linked to for the not-so-computer-savvy.

I like Helen's idea of spelling it all out --why contributing is important, who should contribute, and how--- in one place for newbies and non-computer folks.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #42
porkchop48
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
From what I understand this is a temporary turn off of the BOI to let everyone know that if something doesn't change the BOI will be gone.

I'm guessing that means if the funds aren't there the BOI won't be either.
I dont mind having to contribute at all. I read the BOI alot.

I mainly thought the contributing was for people who buy and sell. I dont sell anything here ( although I think I posted frogs once) and I dont post much in the "critter" forums.

Hardly any one post in the frog forum and when I comes to Chameleons they talk most about the biggins not the pygmies that I have so. So no realy action for me there either.

am I babbling?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #43
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Same names lurker around day in and day out researching buyers for years but when it came down to it they figured they let someone else help keep the resource open.
When it was pointed out that it would help cut the bogus registrations by providing a sort of verification for posting on the BOI, Nope wasn’t good enough. Many would rather whine and complain about fake registrations then actually help curtail it. Instead most opposed suggested charging for the classifieds instead. When that was tried later, the same opposition.

What saddens me is that these same people probably sat back on their laurels while the rest of us did the dirty work burning up our printers, phone lines, and faxes when HR669 was on the table. The eh, let someone else do it attitude needs to stop.

If the BOI goes away, how many of us will it affect? I mean, just in the day it's been down, how many people out there are feeling the itch to search a person they'd like to do business with and just aren't comfortable that they can't?

Rich, is it that a certain amount dollarwise needs to be held back in the bank for any litigation that might pop up? I still think the member donated animals sale or auction would be a feasible idea although maybe a nightmare to orchestrate. I haven't produced anything yet, but if it means losing the BOI I'd come off something I bought for the cause. For all the people who don't think the forum is worth enough for THEM to give anything.

My blunt .02.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #44
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
I just contributed a couple days ago and now no BOI. I gotta say, if you take the BOI away for good, I would be rather disappointed and want my money back. Rich, I can understand the reason for your test.

Rich has said several times that contributors would be notified and would get every last day out of their subscriptions.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #45
porkchop48
[quote=MagickalMorphs;738874]What saddens me is that these same people probably sat back on their laurels while the rest of us did the dirty work burning up our printers, phone lines, and faxes when HR669 was on the table. The eh, let someone else do it attitude needs to stop.

QUOTE]

Was this said because of why I said I have not contributed?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #46
Shadera
[quote=porkchop48;738881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
What saddens me is that these same people probably sat back on their laurels while the rest of us did the dirty work burning up our printers, phone lines, and faxes when HR669 was on the table. The eh, let someone else do it attitude needs to stop.

QUOTE]

Was this said because of why I said I have not contributed?
Please reread what I actually quoted in my post, and you will see who it was aimed at. Not the people who thought the paying stuff was only for people who advertise. I have zero problem telling someone when I'm talking directly to them, and would've quoted you if I meant you.

Chill.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #47
porkchop48
[quote=MagickalMorphs;738885]
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop48 View Post

Please reread what I actually quoted in my post, and you will see who it was aimed at. Not the people who thought the paying stuff was only for people who advertise. I have zero problem telling someone when I'm talking directly to them, and would've quoted you if I meant you.

Chill.
I was not " un chilled"

I was just asking to verify. NO biggy.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #48
dragonlvr64
For those that want to contribute there is a skinny green banner right above the items for the forum. Also read on a sig line you can click any contributing members coin.

** I too think there should be something posted as a sticky as to Rich being the owner, this is not a big company thing (even though it looks like it) and how contributing even if not buying or selling will keep this up and running. IF enough people contribute! Or at least we hope it can do that!!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #49
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
For those that want to contribute there is a skinny green banner right above the items for the forum. Also read on a sig line you can click any contributing members coin.
I seem to recall seeing that a time or two myself.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #50
srsb
I just contributed! If someone as computer-illiterate as me can do it, anyone can!

Now......where's my coin??? : )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!