About the BOI and it's future here... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #81
DAND
Well, it seems that some people still don't know what is going on. Just yesterday I had someone come to me and thank me for the thread I started on Chaos. Further in the conversation I was shocked to find out the person did not know of the possible loss of the BOI. There are people who frequent Fauna that still do not know what is going on. There has to be some way to get the message out to everyone. Other than the previous ideas I posted in my last two posts I am at a loss for any new ideas.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #82
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusaCoils View Post
Well, in a "Court of Law", wouldn't you have to pay a defense attorney, even if you aren't guilty? Besides, $25, for a year long membership, isn't asking a whole lot.

Wayne

The BOI is not the court of law. What you are opening up the BOI to is becoming another Hell forum - a place where paid members can bitch about unpaid members. I'd rather send my $25 to USARK.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #83
hhmoore
Seems some people aren't quite grasping what has been said, so I'll try to make it clearer.
IF the BOI isn't deemed to be financially self sufficient, it will be shut down.
In consideration of those members that will have paid to keep it going, Rich will allow access (to paid subscribers) until those subscriptions expire. Unless I misread things, or missed an important post or three, Rich has been pretty clear about the fact that he has no intention of continuing it as a pay-to-play feature...it's an offer with a predetermined end point.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #84
birdman123
When is the endpoint? Is it when Rich retires? I'll try to put some money in.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #85
TripleMoonsExotic
January 1, 2010 is the deadline for funds to be raised to keep the BOI.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #86
birdman123
Should it stop there? I mean there could be legal cases popping up everywhere. Why not leave forever, so people can constantly be giving in money.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #87
TripleMoonsExotic
Members will need to maintain the Contributions every year for the site to remain. It's not a once and done deal.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #88
faunacrazed
i'm sorry, but can someone please enlighten me about what BOI is?
i've already came across two threads about it and i'm still unsure of what it is?
thanks

Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #89
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by faunacrazed View Post
i'm sorry, but can someone please enlighten me about what BOI is?
i've already came across two threads about it and i'm still unsure of what it is?
thanks
You're on it (BTW you need to include you full name here). It's the Board of Inquiry. It is where you can look up, or provide information for breeders or individuals in this hobby/industry.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #90
TrulyRare
Ok, I have to ask this..so what if i contributed, and he ends up shutting it down after all this..would I get my money back or...what?

I'd hate to pay money that I don't really have to pay atm, to pay for something so in a few months it goes away neways. I'm money tight and manage my money very well, and this is something I take into consideration. So just wondering. I read threw out this thread and a lot of ppl make some very good points. I agree with Rick's point as I understand fully, as well as I understand what a lot of other ppl are saying about the real basis of the BOI is. So it kinda leaves you stuck like a tick in a hot spot or something ya know.

Neways..
-Sonnie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!