Breaking the ice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Geegmasta
Breaking the ice

Hey guys, just figured I'd break the ice as I just joined up on the site. I keep an Alligator mississippiensis and a Crocodylus niloticus, and they bring me a lot of joy (except to my wallet). My gator is a bit over 4.5' at the moment and is cooled down for winter, and the Nile is young and a bit over 24'' and pounds down food.

Right now I'm currently trying to finish a new indoor enclosure with live grass and I will get pictures as soon as I'm done! Right now it's in the alpha stage and my gator is residing in his new home, though it's nothing fancy yet.

I was surprised to see so many crocodylian keepers on here, but it's a pleasant surprise. Anyway, looking forward to making contacts, seeing pics and chatting archosauria.

I'll try to get new pics as soon as I can, but spring semester is starting in a couple of days so my free time is about to become 0 haha.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
BrianC
Awesome!
Any enclosure pics?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Geegmasta
I don't have any yet...still working on this finalization for these guys. Right now it's a 12' x 8' enclosure with a 170 gallon stock pond currently.
That will be up'ed to 300+ gallons over the next couple of months.

I can't wait to finish this though, I really want to show everyone!!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Le Plat
Cool! Welcome. I got a 10' by 13' indoor enclosure myself but no niles.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Geegmasta
Thanks Le Plat, I saw you're video of the enclosure. Very cool man.

The Nile is something else haha, certainly not of the alligatorid behavior.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!