Please help me feed my yellow rat - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #21
Snake-Queen
I understand that.
I'm glad you moved her to a smaller enclosure, let us know if she eats when it's time.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #22
poomwah
thank you for all the advice, I will let everyone know how it goes next week

Old 03-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
poomwah
well, at the risk of pissing of the expert on here who somehow knows the snake is stressed without even seeing it.
I asked some other opinions on other forums, talked to a breeder, and they agreed that the enclosure size is completely irrelevant as long as there were plenty of secure hides. So not only did I move her out of the smaller enclosure, but I skipped her 20 altogether and put her in the 55 that I had waiting for her.
She seems just fine in it

Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #24
RichsBallPythons
Im done, I only bred corns,rats and kings for 10 years. You want to listen to all the other forum warriors just quoting care sheets and so forth go ahead. Have fun with a problem feeder.

Have Fun im Done, You want help yet you disregard proper and SOUND advice from someone(me) that knows what the hell they are doing. But oh well forums said otherwise

Old 03-06-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by poomwah View Post
I asked some other opinions on other forums, talked to a breeder, and they agreed that the enclosure size is completely irrelevant as long as there were plenty of secure hides. So not only did I move her out of the smaller enclosure, but I skipped her 20 altogether and put her in the 55 that I had waiting for her.
She seems just fine in it
wow.
well my advise was also going to be using a smaller enclosure than a 20, but hey, what do any of us know right? good luck with your snake...

Old 03-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #26
poomwah
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
wow.
well my advise was also going to be using a smaller enclosure than a 20, but hey, what do any of us know right? good luck with your snake...
not saying that none of you know anything.
the snake is NOT overly stressed and there's no way that anyone can say they know that it is without being here to observe it.
hadenglock had the best take on this so far.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #27
poomwah
In fact, I am SO confident that the snake is not stressed that I put the 55 gallon in the living room.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #28
Aaron Mattson
You put it in a 55 gallon in the living room? Wow. I can't even begin.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #29
poomwah
can't even begin what? to admit that theres even a remote chance I might be right?
If you guys are so sure the snake is stressed, then explain HOW you know that. Tell me how it is that you can tell me that you know the snake is not eating because its stressed and that there's NO way it could be something else. I challenge ANY of you to prove that's why the animal is not eating when you can't even see the animal and how its acting

Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #30
poomwah
It amazes me how narrow minded you can be. If I don't follow YOUR advice, it must be wrong. Even though I can see the snake is not stressed, and that its clearly hungry. So I should leave it alone for a week (even though Rich feeds WC’s 24 hours after shipping). Put it in a quiet room in a super small tank.
Maybe it will eat next week, if not, leave it alone for another week. But NEVER admit that it could be ANY problem other than the snake being stressed. That’s the ONLY thing it could be, no matter how many times I say that its not showing any signs of stress, no matter how many times I say its out looking for food. Not even if someone else suggests scenting, NO, its stressed, that’s the ONLY possibility.
And you want to give me grief because I didn’t blindly follow THE way, YOUR way. There’s NO chance it could be that the snake doesn’t associate rodents with food.
So YES, the snake is now in a 55 gallon with NOTHING covering the sides. In the living room. He’s been in there a few hours. I offered him a FT pinkie with forceps. He didn’t cower from it, he didn’t slither off and hide, her looked at it, then looked at the forceps, then went off to explore some more. I scented a pinkie, dangled it in front of her and she struck it instantly! She grabbed it so hard that I could have played tug of war with her if I wanted to. She scarfed it down and was looking for more.
I guess she’s so stressed out that she’ll only eat scented mice, it must have a peaceful, tranquilizing effect on her huh?

Thanks again for the suggestion Haden

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!