Elemental Exotic's corn pairing 2014. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #21
Charis
Finally! The last remaining egg just pipped. It's another little Phantom. No Blizzards for me, oh well.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #22
Charis
And here is the final baby! SxV61614-21, weighing in at a whooping 5 grams. Candled female. She has some neat patterning too.

I candled all of them the other day with the new light, there are a few that I'm quite uncertain about the results on, but first tally is 13 girls and 8 boys.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #23
Charis
Here are some post shed, pre-feeding attempt pictures of number 20, he does have the neatest markings! If I was keeping any, I'd be very tempted by him! He has been spoken for.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #24
Brandonmarsh29
Congrats on the BEAUTIFUL phantoms! I had alotta fun following it hoping for that blizzard haha all pretty babies!

Old 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #25
Brandonmarsh29
All I did this year was 2 pairs of corns all but one of them were given to me by friends or coworkers who didn't want them anymore. This yr was a appetizer as most of my colony is youngsters and some subadults since I've only been back in the game a couple yrs. Next year I'll hav several kings maybe even my northern pines but my female is only 2 and a little shy of 5' so we will see how the summer goes but she's growing fast! Anyway my male okeetee and female hypo and I got 14 on 5/19 all of them looking good halfway through! Then I got my male amel Miami (almost clean enuff to call candy cane) and female sunglow motley (the only one of that group I paid for) and the blessed me with 8 on 5/31 also looking good! If all goes well I'm expecting most if not all to hatch I can't see some inside the clumps too well but what I do see looks promising

Old 06-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #26
Charis
We are kind of in the same boat, we bought most of our future breeders as babies and they are just now getting up to size, though a goodly number of the girls still won't be ready until next year.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
Brandonmarsh29
Yep pretty much haha! I used to breed corns and kings and then.... Anyway got my life back to a better path and I started looking for some animals again and I never really intended on getting more than a few pairs of corns cuz I wanna do more pituophis and king projects so at the moment I don't have much more space but I can't stand to see a animal without a home and I won't let just anyone take the snakes so I can get back on track but I love the corns too so it may take a while and I do have sum nice pits n kings but even the babies I sell I want the best possible life for so I'm happy even if I don't have what I want. Its nice tho cuz I have alotta different corns and the possibility of what I can produce with them is pretty cool too. They will always be some of my favorites so if I'm happy with what I have too. Going through your thread really renewed my enthusiasm for the corns I have I love phantoms and I'm just a few weeks from my hatch too. Time is going painful slow tho I'm excited to see what pops out and these are my first eggs in YEARS

Old 06-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #28
Charis
All of them have been offered food at least once now. Most have eaten twice. And there were 3 that refused their first meal but one of those just ate a boiled pink.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #29
Brandonmarsh29
Awesome! Congrats Amanda! When you start them do u try live or do you start with thawed right away? Reason I ask is I usually can get my corns started on f/t. I get more to eat on the first try with Florida kings and California kings are usually great feeders but the cal kings usually start live. I have the most frozen luck with corns. I guess if I factor in pituophis tho they've been the all time best getting started but pretty much all of the colubrids I've worked with either my own or helping friends of mine getting started they usually are happy with thawed after just a few tries��

Old 06-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #30
Charis
These all started on F/T. The one that refused the first attempt and ate on the second attempt today took an F/T that had been briefly dipped in boiling water until it was white and rubbery, then served very warm. That's a trick that I've been hearing great things about from a large number of corn breeders for the last few years. I also tried that today with one of the others that refused but it had not eaten the last time I checked on it. The nice thing about boiled pinkies, if you leave them overnight in with the hatchling and it doesn't eat it, they are a lot less disgusting to clean up in the morning.

My previous litter of Rosy boas, all except one, required at least one live pink to get started and one never would switch from live to F/T for me. The boiled trick didn't work with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!