Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #21
WebSlave
Actually, I believe this is a perfect example of the fact that you just can't please everyone. I did some checking on some threads you recently participated in and the one concerning Ray Goushaw, of course, jumps right out at me.

Now the most common complaint I hear about the BOI is people saying that it is TOO harsh. Too apt for people to act like wolves at the slightest sign of blood and tear people to shreds. But in that Ray Goushaw thread, and I have seen MANY others like it, he has recognized and admitted the problem (sorry, I really only skimmed over the thread, so I hope I am not sticking my foot in my mouth here) and has offered to do whatever is necessary to correct it. And people congratulated him for taking that approach.

And Greg, YOU complained about everyone being TOO SOFT on him! You are complaining about people NOT acting like a pack of wolves on the guy. Now as far as Ray being one of the "good ole boys" since the paid memberships started, how so? Ray paid his membership fee only TODAY!

I really hope I remember this situation when I need a good example of situations where people will complain about no matter what happens in the forums. I would have a tough time coming up with a better one if I made it up myself.

And as far as you "not being the only one who feels that way", sorry, I'm really not interested in what people say and do outside of this site. Particularly ABOUT this site. That is their problem, not mine. I have been hearing for years people saying that the BOI is a joke, or ineffective, or not worth the time and effort. Apparently mostly from people who sure would like to have the traffic that THIS site does going to THEIR site instead. But it's still here, still growing, and I think it is working very well, thank you. So when those anonymous voices think they have a better idea, well let them just go ahead and implement it and prove it. Otherwise, they are just a bunch of old ladies talking at the fence line about that uppity bitch down the street who is actually getting something accomplished rather then just complaining and talking about it. YOU decide who is right or wrong, and just go with it. I say that it is RESULTS that count, and this site IS getting results.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #22
Golden Gate Geckos
?????

Quote:
Otherwise, they are just a bunch of old ladies talking at the fence line about that uppity bitch down the street who is actually getting something accomplished rather then just complaining and talking about it.
Awww... come on Rich... please!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #23
RyanT
Greg, you inadvertently opened a big can of worms here. I saw you say yourself in one of your first posts, this is going to go nowhere. I'd say you can pretty much count on that. I believe you're totally right, have been saying and seeing it myself as much as 3 years ago and so have many other people. Yes, it's totally true. However, it is not talked about. I commend you for trying but no, "this will not go anywhere". It's just one of those blatantly obvious things that everyone knows is happening but you're supposed to just ignore it. Area 51, gay priests, WMDs, the BOI. They're all the same.

Use what you can/need on the entire forum to your advantage. Ignore the rest. It's really not that big of a deal in relation to the grand scheme of things, now is it? (We need a peace sign smilie)

Old 05-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #24
Ophis
[quote=Monte]In the mean time, Rich - you have your hands full.
Well - for what it's worth[quote]

I agree with Monte.........Do you have to have someone help you count it all?

Old 05-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #25
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
I say that it is RESULTS that count, and this site IS getting results.

They certainly are/is.

greg

Old 05-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #26
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT
It's just one of those blatantly obvious things that everyone knows is happening but you're supposed to just ignore it. )

Do you have ANY facts at all to support your...hypothesis, Ryan?

Old 05-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #27
The BoidSmith
Greg,

Welcome! You have officially been initiated as a member of the clique.

Regards.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:06 PM   #28
cthulhu77
LOL... I doubt I will be asked to join any Fauna cliques soon...

This was/is all about the double standards that seem to be applied to animal dealers and sellers...Lucille, I really don't have the time to go back over thousands of posts and dredge up the little myriad bits and pieces..if you choose to believe that everything is okeydokey in the state of Denmark, that is cool with me.
Still having some questions on my own front though (and heck, I am Danish!)

greg

Old 05-06-2005, 10:12 PM   #29
Lucille
Greg, it is playing dirty pool to put me on the 'other side' when you have not established YOUR position. I said NOTHING about MY position, I enumerated the ways that one solves a problem; YOU began this thread, and now you say you have no time to back up the charge you made....

Old 05-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #30
cthulhu77
it is kind of reminiscent of the scene from "finding nemo" with all of the gulls...

Wes: "he's wrong"
boigulls: "heswrongheswrongheswrongheswrong"

Lucille: "he's right"
biogulls: "hesrighthesrighthesrighthesrighthesright"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!