Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #31
jmartin104
Not sure about the clique. But one thing that has happened or rather hasn't happened since going capitalism, is several customers that would make favorable posts, will not because they have to pay - even if it's a rather small amount. In some cases, I agree with them.

Overall, I still like this site as it has saved me the $25 fee I paid.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #32
Ophis
If someone had a perception that there was favoritism being employed in a certain instance, they would be hard pressed to offer that perception as fact. People with a differing perception would offer a rebuttle, therefore, its all relative. If, however, there were a poll available to all Fauna participants which asked a question such as " Do B.O.I. participants tend to show unwarranted favoritism towards certain individuals based on their standing in the Fauna community or in the Reptile hobby in general". The results of that poll would be a good scale on which to weigh the detractors claims.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #33
cthulhu77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Greg, it is playing dirty pool to put me on the 'other side' when you have not established YOUR position. I said NOTHING about MY position, I enumerated the ways that one solves a problem; YOU began this thread, and now you say you have no time to back up the charge you made....

Where oh where do you see a charge being made? I had asked if other people noticed a difference in the 'tude of the BOI about certain sellers...
I seem to have struck some sort of a nerve?
greg

Old 05-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #34
cthulhu77
To totally anwser your question...my postition is one of indignance !
I did not join up here to be part of any group of followers, but only to see what is happening in the wide world of the reptile trade...for a while, this seemed to be the case. Now, I sense a turning south of the whole thing, and I am voicing my concern.

greg

Old 05-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #35
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
I must say from the get go, that I am kind of pissed here...in really believing that the other people who post on this forum were unbiased, I am coming off somewhat disappointed. I see people getting trashed, while others (obviously friends or compatriots) get the nod as being "ok"...

Seems to me that this was supposed to be an impartial jury, so to speak, of somewhat educated animal dealers having to hash out issues, both good and bad, in a PUBLIC forum.
Since the BOI has gone private (pay to post), there seems to be an enormous turn towards a sort of "good ol boy" click...

I don't understand how the rules seem to apply to some, and not to others!!!

greg
Greg, here is your initial post: it does seem to me that you were speaking your own opinion....

Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #36
Ophis
Lets find out poll queen!

Old 05-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #37
cthulhu77
You are correct. MY opinion. NOT a charge of any kind.

I think the boi has gone south a bit...sorry. I am not trying to put down the host or any of you...just asking a pointed question. If you feel that everything is ok, than that is YOUR opinion, to which you are entitled.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #38
Lucille
I will say it for a SECOND time, Greg, I have not established an opinion here, although you keep on trying for an altercation; my posts here were to suggest ways to help find a system of problem solving, and to encourage you to be more specific.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #39
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin104
Overall, I still like this site as it has saved me the $25 fee I paid.

Good point, so that makes 2 of us.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #40
Zoo Supply
you know...

The more these posts come up, the more likely it would be if I was the owner to shut it down.
Simple fact is this. Each and every one of us has their own opinion. This "medium" is here for a third party to research dealers for possible future business.

No matter what happens, this SHOULD be based on what facts are presented. This may not be true always.

A dealer could have one screwup on a seemingly perfect record and a consumer decide not to deal with them because of that.
If that is so, then BOI does it's job.

A dealer could be a rotten dealer, but have a few people that have had good deals, and a consumer could decide to try that dealer, and guess what???? Once again, the BOI did it's job.

We can ran't and rave because that is the easy thing to do. I know that I am human and I make mistakes. I also am not one to sit there and send blame onto anyone else. If I Screw up, and offer a refund to try to make it right and rectify the situation, I expect a bit of flack, but not a lynching because someone feels that I am getting preferential treatment just because of who I am.

Ahhh just rambling now.....
TOM

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!