FedEx Certification Contact - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
CJBianco
FedEx Certification Contact

Hello Everyone,

I've been referring everyone interested in FedEx Certification to contact my FedEx Regional Representative who is very passionate about helping those in the reptile industry. He is a wonderful guy, and his customer service is outstanding. No long waiting periods for simple email replies. This guy is great about returning emails and/or phone calls.

Here's an email transript of a recent message and reply:

Quote:
Subject: Reptile Industry Poll: Shipping
Date: May 13, 2005 10:33:03 PM EDT
To: Leonard Evansek

Lenny,

Just thought you might want to know...

In a recent online poll conducted by reptile shippers regarding "who is
best", FedEx beat out UPS, Airborne, and Delta Dash with 43.04% of the
total votes. Congratulations!

By the way, I sent a few more people your way. If you get bogged down,
please let me know. I'll stop sending them directly to you.

Thanks,
Chris Bianco
(864)706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net
Quote:
Subject: RE: Reptile Industry Poll: Shipping
Date: May 15, 2005 4:55:23 PM EDT
To: Christopher Bianco

That is awesome.
Bring them on, I can handle it!

Lenny
If you need someone to kickstart the FedEx Certification process...contact Lenny Evansek:

Lenny Evansek
FedEx Account Executive
leonard.evansek@fedex.com

And tell him Chris Bianco sent you...

Good Things,
Chris

Old 05-17-2005, 01:07 AM   #2
KathyLove
My rep has also been helpful to other potential customers.

And he seems to really want the business for FedEx. He said he can only handle clients from Tampa (Florida) south, although he would be happy to help others find the right contact. His name is Ed Yuhasz, although I don't have his contact number handy.

Between these two reps, new shippers should be able to find help if you are getting the runaround from FedEx employees who don't know what is going on.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
CJBianco
Here's a message I received from Lenny a little while ago:

Quote:
Chris,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for all of the e-mails that are coming in. Because I am now getting more and more of them, I am going to send these e-mails to the reps that work in those particular areas to set these folks up to ship with FedEx. If you can let them know that I will be doing this I would definitely appreciate it.

Thank you for your business,

Lenny Evansek
FedEx Account Executive, Smoky Mountain District
305 John Dodd Road
Spartanburg, SC 29650
800-448-9961-9810
It seems that many people are outside of his immediate account jurisdiction, but he is still willing to act as liaison for those interested in becoming FedEx Certified. This guy is wonderful.

Keep the emails coming! =)

The more people that show interest, the sooner we can collectively change FedEx policies regarding live shipments. =)

Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Old 05-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
WebSlave
Arrow

If FedEx would be willing, I could put up a permanent banner or text link on this site that would refer all interested parties directly to them. Next time you talk to a representative, run this by them. Having this exposure to 19,000+ registered members might be of interest to them.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
Alias47
Great post Chris...and Kathy...

I know that finding the local rep...and getting them to do ANYTHING can be like pulling teeth...

The help is much appreciated...

Old 05-23-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Alias47
Well...I wrote an email to Lenny, Chris's Rep...and not an hour later MY rep called my directly...and has already started getting the forms together for me to become certified.

Her name is Brenda Adams (bcadams@fedex.com). She has never certified anyone for shipping reptiles...but after some of the horror stories I have read about Fed Ex reps...I am completely satisfied with her response...
She is definitely on the ball getting the things in order to expedite the certification.

I am so impressed...it was worth mentioning here.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:04 PM   #7
CJBianco
Yep! Lenny is definitely doing everything in his power to make sure the reptile shippers are treated right...and promptly! =)

That's good news, Derek! I'm glad you're in the FedEx loop! =)

Good Things,
Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Old 05-23-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
CJBianco
WebSlave,

I forwarded your idea to Lenny, and it looks like it might be just a bit more legwork than he can handle at the moment...

Quote:
I love the idea but as big a corporation FedEx is, I would have to get things approved through our legal and marketing teams to make this happen. I would be happy to refer all of the interested folks to the reps that handle their areas. They can email me first with their account numbers. We are glad to get the business. I had three yesterday.

Thanks again,

Lenny
As you can see, he is still eagerly awaiting more phone calls and emails. However, it looks as though it might be faster to set-up your personal online FedEx Express account BEFORE contacting him. It only takes a minute, and you save 10% automatically on all your FedEx Express shipping! Neato! =)

And keep those phone calls and emails coming! The more people who show interest in FedEx, the more interest FedEx will show in the people! =)

Good Things,
Chris Bianco
(864) 706-7399
cjbianco@charter.net

Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 AM   #9
Alias47
I already have my package testing application in my hands...
My rep, Brenda is SUPER...like I said she has never had to certify a reptile shipper...and she is COMPLETELY enthusiastic...and wants to learn EVERYTHING about the process...she is also on the ball...

Definitely has a customer for life, now.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
KathyLove
It's great to hear that more reps are "jumping on the bandwagon". At some point, we will hit a critical mass where most FedEx employees will have heard about the program, at least in some vague way. Then at least they won't look at new herp customers like we are from another planet! That would be some measure of success! It sure would be nice to have a few companies that treat us just as normal customers instead of some kind of special, strange species.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!