A little miffed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
missmymark
Angry A little miffed

I sent a MO for some corns I wanted last week and I'm STILL waiting to hear from the guy. I emailed him and he emailed me back saying he got a notice in the mail about a delivery he needs to sign for (apparently he was not home so they are holding it at the Post Office). I checked the status of the package (MO) and its STILL undelivered!! Here it is getting colder by the day and he hasn't even bothered to get the MO and send my snakes.....I guess it'll snow and he will either send them in the cold or he will keep my money forever before refunding or maybe say sorry but no refunds possibly keeping the money until next season......Sorry I just needed to vent....

Old 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
snakebiteAZ1
Talking I would not worry

Too much about the cooler temps with the corns!!! I had some shipped from PA, to me here in AZ, in December.. The temps there were about 35 degrees, but the lady put a heat pack in the box with them.. They were fine when i received them.. You normally cool them down in the winter for breeding anyway.. Good luck, i would email him again and ask him when he plans on sending them!! Mike

Old 10-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
The Reptile House
They should get to you ok depending on his shipping methods, if it has been too long and he still has not bothered to get your money you can call that post office and have them send it back to you and just cancel the trasaction all together. Makes me worry if he is not bothering to get your money just when will you get your snakes. Good luck and let us know how things turn out. Shanell.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:02 PM   #4
missmymark
I re-read his website and it states he ships only on Mondays and Tuesdays,......welll hmmmm its TUESDAY!! I am probably being impatient but DANG! I'd have thought he would at least pick up the MO by now.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:31 AM   #5
hhmoore
I wouldn't say you are being impatient, but perhaps a touch unrealistic. you know he is not in possession of the m.o., why would you expect him to ship?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the fact that he hasn't picked it up yet; just reminding you that the common rule is not to ship until the money is in hand. There may well be a reason that he hasn't picked it up yet (this example is too obvious but - is he in FL? can you say hurricane?). Heck, just normal life sometimes prevents me from going to the post office. That said - he knows you mailed the m.o., and has received notification that he has to sign for it...common sense, courtesy, and good business practice all dictate that he should make the effort to get there and complete the deal.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 AM   #6
missmymark
Being that its the MO has been in HIS post office for 4 days (and he did email saying he was notified that its there) I don't see that I'm being unrealistic...After all he has my money (or access to it) and the snakes....If it were you and your money I think you'd be a bit impatient for at least some indication as to WHEN he plans to do SOMETHING. Its called common courtesy....apparently something you are not familiar with?

Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM   #7
hhmoore
I am not unfamiliar with it at all. To make it easy for you to focus on the important parts of my previous post, I'll highlight them below.
Quote:
you know he is not in possession of the m.o., why would you expect him to ship?? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the fact that he hasn't picked it up yet; just reminding you that the common rule is not to ship until the money is in hand.
Quote:
That said - he knows you mailed the m.o., and has received notification that he has to sign for it...common sense, courtesy, and good business practice all dictate that he should make the effort to get there and complete the deal.
Also, if you recall, I stated that I didn't think you were being impatient - since my initial post wasn't as clear as I thought it was (the hour?), I'll rephrase that: You have every right to be upset.

Hope everything works out for you.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:50 AM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmymark
Being that its the MO has been in HIS post office for 4 days (and he did email saying he was notified that its there) I don't see that I'm being unrealistic...After all he has my money (or access to it) and the snakes....If it were you and your money I think you'd be a bit impatient for at least some indication as to WHEN he plans to do SOMETHING. Its called common courtesy....apparently something you are not familiar with?
Couple of points

You said he has had your money for four days. What day did you post this on?
Tuesday. I don't know about his post office, mine is only open for a few hours on Saturday, that and closed Sunday. So in reality, he maybe had one day Monday and could have picked it up today.
So, I will agree that you are getting a little "miffed" to quick. Give the guy a chance to pick up the money.

Next, when someone gives you advice and they are tactful about it and you respond with

Quote:
Its called common courtesy....apparently something you are not familiar with
It shows something lacking on your part. "Courtesy"

Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #9
Serpwidgets
If you had paid via paypal or a credit card, the money would have been there instantly.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
missmymark
Well I paid the extra and had it OVERNITED. So He did get it on Thurs. I TOLD him I would overnite it!! I would NOT have worried about getting it to him quick if I knew he wasn't going to make an effort either.....but oh well. Hopefully I'll hear something by Monday!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!