Keeping snakes in the same cage - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Ummmmm, I forget. WHY are you the one deciding what is right and wrong here?
Why are you defending a practice that is not recommended?

Quote:
You may well disagree with me, but I think you need to have something other than an opinion, which is incorrect, before you tell me that I am wrong.
Funny, did I not post a link with pictures showing what can happen when cohabitation?

Quote:
Afterall, I've done it, which proves that it can be done.
Just because you've done it, doesn't mean it's right.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #12
Wilomn
I don't recall EVER saying it was right.

Perhaps if you get off that high horse, which is in NO WAY related to the Whitest of White Steed ridden by the Masked Rider, you will see that you are NOT comprehending what is transpiring in this thread.

YOU keep wanting to make it either right or wrong. Feel as you will about it with NO problem from me about those feelings.

However, do NOT tell me it's not possible, which is ALL I've said about it.

By the way, I'll thank you kindly, or not, to allow ME the right to decide what to do with MY snakes. I don't go telling YOU what to do with yours, how about allowing me the same?

Old 11-05-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Did I say any of those things were ok?
You imply it by defending your argument by saying "I did it without a problem" completely ignoring the problems that can arise.

Quote:
Can you catagorically tell me that every time you mix species this will occur?
Of course not. However, a responsible keeper will not risk their animals by forcing them into a situation where it can happen.

Quote:
I wondered myself long ago and did the experiments to determine whether or not it would work. For me it did. Care to refute that?
I of course can not deny your "experiments." However, you very well were lucky and did not lose any of your animals to any numbers of problems that could come up.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #14
Wilomn
I am certainly glad YOU are not ruler of the world.

You seem to be under the impression that it is your way or no way.

You are wrong.

You seem to have overlooked my query about telling me what to do with my animals. I'm pretty sure you have no right nor any standing in my world that would enable YOU to tell me what is right, wrong, doable, safe, unsafe or anything else.

YOU do have a great many opinions, which like deficatory orifici, we all have.

Do as you will and I will do the same but, once again, I say you overstep yourself when YOU say what is right and what is wrong, who should or should not do, based on your opinion alone.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #15
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I don't recall EVER saying it was right.
As I have said, your first post implied to me that you thought the practice is a recommended one.

Quote:
YOU keep wanting to make it either right or wrong. Feel as you will about it with NO problem from me about those feelings. However, do NOT tell me it's not possible, which is ALL I've said about it.
I did not say it isn't possible. I could toss a leopard gecko and boa contrictor in the same cage and have a possibility of them both surviveing. That doesn't mean that I will take that risk.

This thread is getting considerably off track, if it continues, I will lock it.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
Wilomn
Yes, of course, off track, that's it.

It has NOTHING to do with the fact that you have been unable to TELL me what is right and wrong, what I should or should not do with MY animals at all. Does it?

The question was answered in a manner that YOU disapprove of. Do you threaten to lock all threads in which you cannot demand a certain, or more to the point, YOUR PREFERRED, outcome or is this the only one?

Old 11-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #17
TripleMoonsExotic
Wes, I have never locked a thread in this forum outside the Cornsnake FAQ. I have only deleted threads that are accidental duplicates or in the inappropriate forum. DO NOT question my decisions here regarding negative or obnoxious posts.

I am not telling you to do one thing or another. Frankly, I could care less what you do. If your or anyone elses husbandary practices are incorrect, the animals will suffer, not myself. When that same person comes back to post that there reptile died from a disease or parasite contracted from its cage mate, or was eatten by its cage mate, I will reiterate why cohabitation is a bad practice and how the problem could have been avoided.

My point in all this is that as a responsible keeper, one should take every measure possible to care for the animals and avoid any potential problems.

I find it interesting however that you want to tell me I'm wrong on this forum when on the hognose forum this exact same post was made with a reply similiar to mine.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #18
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
If your or anyone elses husbandary practices are incorrect,
Is it possible you are confusing "incorrect" with ''not stephanie approved"?

IF I were incorrect, do you not think my trails would have ended unsuccessfully?

Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #19
TripleMoonsExotic
Wes, you really need to get over yourself. You're picking and choosing what you want to read and ignoreing the rest.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #20
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Wes, you really need to get over yourself. You're picking and choosing what you want to read and ignoreing the rest.
Yes, of course I am.

You, of course, would not be even remotely associated with such terrible practices, would you?

As I said, it's not for you to tell, as in hand down a decree, me anything and I speak only for myself. I suspect that others would feel the same, not about this thread and its subject, but the way you assume you are the be all and end all of how to keep snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread