No Core Beliefs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
ReptileGeek181
No Core Beliefs

I recently incurred an infraction and just wanted to vent. I responded to a post where the author was against "rattlesnake roundups". I asked him why he would be against them because rattlesnakes are dangerous animals and have killed people. Instead of him telling me why he was against the roundups he attacked me and called me a "troll". I am unfamiliar with rattlesnakes as I live in the city and most of what I know of them is that they are fatally dangerous. I hate when someone is for a certain cause and when you ask them why they are for that cause they get mad and attack you, It's as if they have no idea why they are for it, maybe they heard someone else was for it and they wanted to join the bandwagon. It's really sad when we have people like that in today's society. I leave you with a quote from Alexander Hamilton.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
Fangthane
In general, I view any interaction with you as a waste of time. However, I have nothing better to do at the moment, so I'll take this one little nibble at the baiting that's inherent in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181
I recently incurred an infraction and just wanted to vent.
Waaaaa. If that nice little collection of red blocks in your User CP isn't a clear enough indicator as to how relevant your input is generally perceived to be, and to make you rethink your posting habits, don't cry when those continued habits yield a similar result when viewed by a moderator. I suspect you weren't the only one to receive an infraction in that thread, but I don't see anyone else whining about it.

Quote:
I responded to a post where the author was against "rattlesnake roundups". I asked him why he would be against them because rattlesnakes are dangerous animals and have killed people.
So...something that you feel is dangerous, has no place in our world? Ignorant fear is enough to justify crippling local populations by collecting hundreds of specimens which are tortured, killed, and skinned? All for the sake of public spectacle and rattler trinkets.

Your question was idiotic, at best, and obviously put forth with the intent of getting the exact response that it did. You really need it explained to you why pointless mass-slaughter is wrong? And why people that frequent a site dedicated to the love of reptiles would have issues with your implication that it's ok to kill them since a few people die every year from their bites? An appreciable percentage of which actively brought the envenomation on themselves, by their own actions.

Quote:
I am unfamiliar with rattlesnakes as I live in the city and most of what I know of them is that they are fatally dangerous
It has nothing to do with education of any given species. It comes down to simple morality and the ability to show empathy for an animal that's persecuted and killed for nothing more than it's very nature.

If people wouldn't go out of their way to interact with rattlers in their natural habitat, the majority of the puny handful of annual deaths wouldn't happen.

Quote:
I hate when someone is for a certain cause and when you ask them why they are for that cause they get mad and attack you, It's as if they have no idea why they are for it, maybe they heard someone else was for it and they wanted to join the bandwagon
And I hate it when people try to philosophize and put a pseudo-intellectual spin on their own ignorant actions. The kind of people that claim to need the most basic concepts monosyllabically explained to them. Again, I believe you knew exactly what you were doing when you jumped into that thread.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
I leave you with a quote from Alexander Hamilton.

"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything"
You see, that is the problem. People ARE taking a stand against a senseless public spectacle that results in cruel and inhumane treatment to animals. It does appear that it is YOU who is not making a stand based simply because of your total ignorance not only of the issue, but of the animals involved.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
the author was against "rattlesnake roundups". I asked him why he would be against them
Just to clarify, he didn't ask why the OP of that thread was against the roundups... He asked "Why should we care about rattlesnakes?" Very different, IMO.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Dont feed the trolls. Use the banhammer instead

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!