One Who has No Beliefs and Why....... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:51 AM   #51
j tyler
Hey Darin,

I'm starting to like you. You are a character. When this thread first started you said you were going to aviod it because it was a 'hot' topic. But I see you could not resist.

I think the people who have responded here have been pretty well behaved so I was wondering why you think too many are looking for a fight? What's wrong with a fight as if there were none on the BOI?

And, like I said before ,the existence of god does not entail anything about immortality, the truth of Xn doctrine, the attributes of god or what his disposition toward us is. Even if you could prove his existence you would still be left with these deeper mysteries. Mere existence does not offer much even if you think it is a predicate.

Old 04-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #52
SpindleHead
For the record I am not looking to fight with anyone. I am trying to debate an issue not make an enemy. Fighting and name calling are counter productive and only serve to cloud an already heatedly debated issue. I'm not going to pretend that I'm always right and I sometimes let my emotions get the best of me. If I offend someone it is unintentional as I am merely trying to make a point, not matter how clumsy I am going about it. I do take issue with someone infering that I am weak minded and brainwashed because I happen to believe differently than them.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #53
Mercer Don
Not to be unexpected, but very amusing, how most of you keep refering back to the bible and god for your support in this debate. My very first post in this thread said to show me the proof. NOBODY has done this, or can. Why not? My facts of alien paintings and carvings are real. What can you show me that is real? I am willing to accept anything, with some type of evidence, but you can show none.

Darin, I asked a simple question of 1 god, since I was unsure. You stated jews. Fine, thats all I needed. Why go try and hide behind email discussing blah, blah, blah? Yes, your answer of it being in the bible means absolutely nothing, since all the compeling evidence discrediting the book. ALL ancient cultures worshipped the stars, not 1 god. Evidence is there.

Chris, better hit the books and do some deeper research. HUMANS and NEANDRATALS DID walk the earth at the same time. And actually, a combination of the humans and thaw of the ice age, 9000 years ago, is what did in the neandratals. My evidence of aliens is slightly more compeling than your writtings of a god, sorry. Oops, I forgot you wont see it that way. Are there photos of god? Alleged abductions by god? How many planets have been explored? At one time these planets could not have harbored life? What about outside our solar system? Whats out there? Do we know? And you call me closed minded? Ha, look in the mirror! And, man fighting in the name of religion and their beliefs, thus destroying this planet, is the fault of religion. Everybody interpts religion differently, why is their act of violence wrong? Talk about close minded.

James, that is a good point, and something I have given much thought to. Where would there knowledge come from? Frankly, I don't know. The way I see it, did any and all life have to start somewhere? Whos to say life is not infinet and keeps going in one big circle. Maybe a billion years ago evolution as we know it happened on a distant planet. Could life on this planet have started from traces of life that started else where? It would only take a single living cell and time. I don't know. It's like saying does outer space end? Does it, or does it keep just keep going and going? I highly doubt there is a wall at the end or a large DEAD END sign.

I bet some of you believe in ghosts, angels or bigfoot. What proof is there? Photos? Sightings? Odd happenings? Hmmmm, sounds familiar, but there is not 8000 years of their evidence. I don't expect any of you to accept the existence of alien life. I just ask you to OPENLY think about it without your religion, book, or god getting in the way. I know its not easy, but give it some effort. I'll admit, drawings, paintings, and artifacts are not solid proof, but it is a heck of a lot more than you have.

Just to through in another jab; How did the Egyptians learn of running water and electricity over 5000 years ago? I thought B Franklin discovered electricity? I know, a little alien looking Egyptian had a dream about using a potato as a battery, thus discovering it. Better yet, god told them!! Take off your blinders people! Stop hiding behind your zero evidence and lack of proof.

I know, I know, I'm close minded. Well prove me wrong! I'm up for the challenge.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #54
ms_terese
Quote:
Was it the roman catholics? If so, we know, or should know, their religion is nothing but a farse. Scientific proof proves that.
Just curious what scientific proof you have that concluded Roman Catholicism is a farce?

Old 04-30-2004, 11:59 AM   #55
SpindleHead
You've totally missed the point so let me try again. I will accept your drawings of aliens as proof as long as you give as much consideration for the numerous drawings of Jesus Christ. Do you accept? No? why not, they have as much vailidity as your "evidence". You are quite correct that early civilizations worshipped the stars, they also believed the sun orbited the earth and that the earth was flat. That doesn't make it true.

As for humans and Neandertals, I am will to agree this happened, I alos accept that Neandertals and Cro-Magnon man walked the earth at about the same time. How do these facts equate to proof of alien visitors? Seems to me that not long ago a certain group of individuals laced up their Nikes and commited suicide to await the coming of the mother ship...Think they were right?
And please explain to me why it's a fact that aliens would appear as humanoid at all. Is our biology and physical make up the Ideal configuration? If these so called aliens are from an entirely different environment why would they appear like us? Our bodies are well-equipped for our planet, not for the extreme and hostile environments you will find in the rest of our solar system. "Alleged abductees automatically describe aliens with our characteristics because they have no real clue as to what they may appear as. How do you describe something that is so completely foreign to our experiences, It is a huge assumption and actually a little egotistical to assume they would be anything like us.

Like I said, I don't claim there is difinitive proof of God. Even if you do claim proof you have no actual evidence to back it up yet you steadfastly accept it as fact. That's not exactly the perfect model of open mindedness either.

It makes no sense to say I let religion get in the way of rational thought. Everyone makes decisions and draws conclusions based on their belief system. Religious or otherwise, you let your belief in alien life preclude any other explaination, rational or not.

I'm not a religious fanatic and I don't regularly attend church. My relationship with God is my personal choice, not dictated by someone claiming to know God's mind. And my point of view is no less valid because you don't believe it.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:03 PM   #56
Mercer Don
Roman catholic religion is supposed to be based on the bible. Science has proven, (to those thst will accept) that the bible is full of untruths and impossibilites. Nothing more than a story book.

Here is some interesting reading I found on the Roman catholics; http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm

Old 04-30-2004, 12:17 PM   #57
ms_terese
Quote:
Here is some interesting reading I found on the Roman catholics; http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/cath.htm
Thanks for providing your very credible source. Sis. Tracy has also identified the Roman Catholics as the Anti-Christ.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #58
Mercer Don
First, I never said anything about Jesus. I believe there was this idividual. As for him being the son of god born to a virginal mother, good story.

As for humans and Neandratals walking together, it was just ment to bring up the question of how is this possible. Evolution says we evolved from them. My point was maybe these "humans" originated else where. Why couldn't there be, or have been another planet that has the same enviroment as earth? Why would we be a one of a kind place? Makes no sence. Have you every seen the paintings of the ancient Egyptians on the pyramids? They show large eyes and almost pointed heads. Very alien looking. Same thing goes for the ancient people of S. America. Oh, and it was the Europeans and others to believe the earth flat. Most ancients knew it to be round. Plus, they were fully aware the earth orbited the sun. They were farmers for the most part and knew of Seasons and such caused by the earths movement. (Chinese)

I really do enjoy this debate, but please make sure your facts are correct.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:32 PM   #59
Mercer Don
Anti-christ, I can definetly see that! Smart woman.

Old 04-30-2004, 12:54 PM   #60
Darin Chappell
Oh sure ... nothing antagonistic, argumentative, or confrontational about THIS discussion! What was I worried about in the first place?!?!?!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!