Thinking about getting a retic. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
Morelia4life
Thinking about getting a retic.

Yes, you read that right. I am thinking about getting a retic. Now, this isn't a decision that I just came up with yesterday. I have actually been thinking about getting a retic for probably 5 years or so but over the last few weeks, I have been talking to a quy at work who breeds retics, burms and condas and he said that retics are the most amazing snakes ever. He claims that once I have a retic, I won't want any other snake. Apparently, he is friends with the guy at Monster Cages, I think he said his name was Harry? Anyways, he said that if I do decide to get a retic that I should get some from Monster Cages and nobody else.

So question one? Is Monster Cages a good decision to buy from? and two, what are retics actually like? I have heard that they actually think about things more then other snakes do and they have a mind of their own. I wouldn't mind having an Albino or Lav.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
Is Monster Cages a good decision to buy from?
This might be a good question for a BOI 'info' thread.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Morelia4life
You are correct!! Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Micha
My husband has been wanting a retic for a couple years too and I was very hesitant to get one. I finally bought him one for xmas this year from a reptile show. Boy did I fall in love with them! Just by looking at their eyes you can tell they are thinking and observing what's going on around them. And he is such a well behaved snake. He has a great personality and great feeding response. He is growing a lot faster than the other snakes we have.

We liked retics so much that we're getting 2 dwarves and (fingers crossed) a purple from Harry Wessels. We're also picking up 2 more Boa Master Cages from the Hamburg Show. By this time next year, the 2 regular ones will be ready for 8 foot cages

So my opinion is I think they are great snakes. As long as you are prepared for having a fast growing snake and a freezer full of bunnies. Do you have any other large snakes? Are you looking at dwarves or regular retics?

Old 02-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
RoadHouse of Retics
My retics all have different personalities. Their awesome to sum it up best. As far as who to buy from..I guess that depends on what you want. I wouldnt limit yourself to one breeder but browse around and find what best suites you and your price range.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Morelia4life
The largest snake that I have ever kept was like a 7 foot boa. I have never kept anything like a retic. I am thinking about getting a regular retic.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
reticguy76
there are many great breeders out there. matt is one of the good ones, fo sho

Old 02-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Morelia4life
What age did all of you start getting into retics? Right now I am 23 years old and I am really thinking about this. I know that retics aren't just like any old snake you can just get and then keep in a 20 gallon for a couple of years. I know they are a big responsibility.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
Micha
I'm 26 and my husband is 23 and this is our 1st retic. We have Burmese and she's in a 8 foot x 3 foot Boa Master. We'll have to get another one next year for out little boy since he's growing fast. That's another thing I noticed about retics is how fast they grow. I also noticed that they have a ridiculous feeding response. But I love our little retic

Old 02-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
GargoyleStomp
I think my gf would freak if I got a retic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!