Whitefeather and Prehistoric pets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-20-2003, 02:54 PM   #1
WSReptiles
Angry Whitefeather and Prehistoric pets

My name is Will Slough x breeding partner with that thief Mike (I'm not an indian) Whitefeather. Two years ago, I started sending my retic collection to whitefeather on breeding lone, I did this do to laws in my town about owning large pythons. Whitefeather started selling my snakes one by one (like my whitehead purple eyed female that he sold to andy who works for N.E.R.D. THIS ANIMAL WAS STOLEN Andy will you do the right thing and give it back.)
Prehistoric pets (Jay), has some of my other retics that was stolen from me. 1 a pair of genetic stripes 2 a purple female 3 a tiger hei amel female.After Talking to jay 4 weeks ago he acknowledged that the retic were mine and how crummy it was for mike to trade animal that weren't his. Jay will no longer return my phone calls to get my snakes back.
Now that Whitefeather sits in jail on other charges,he is more willing to give info on were my snakes are at and who has them.

Old 12-21-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
BenR
I know Jay pretty well and I find it hard to believe he would be dodging anyone's calls. If you're not already you might want to try and call his cell phone number. 714 402 4444

Thanks,
Ben Rogers

Old 12-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Hues1
Hello Will,
Just curious...what is Whitefeather in jail for this time ?

Old 12-22-2003, 02:04 AM   #4
herpetological
Not to change the subject but please do not place the rest of us "native americans" in the same sentence with the "whitefeather" wanna be "indian". Good luck on the rest.... wish I could help. Remember... doesn't matter what race you are..."honor is honor"!!! Respect is ....respect! Your word is what is given to you at no cost at birth and it's what remains after you leave!

Old 12-23-2003, 12:44 AM   #5
GinoInDaBronx
grunkowski (his real name)

They nailed whitefeather? Good! But, if i recall
correctly, it should be prison, rather than jail.
The last charges that he faced were
aggravated assault (again), habitual
criminality and some other weapons counts.
Further, this conviction would make him a
three-time loser. That would equate to quite
a long time in the joint. I hope that he
invests in soap-on-a-rope.

Sincerely,

Gino 'In Da Bronx' Beniquez

Old 12-23-2003, 01:13 AM   #6
Brian Oakley
I know some states have a "3 strikes" policy. Does anyone know if Wisconsin has the same policy/rule?

Old 12-23-2003, 08:04 AM   #7
pnretic
I hope Bubba gives him his x-mas gift.

Old 12-23-2003, 11:37 AM   #8
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Does anyone know if Wisconsin has the same policy/rule?
Yes, WI has a 3 strike rule.

Old 12-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #9
Josh Burm Guy
Sad but true

You apparently don't know him as well as you think. Unfortunately I feel it is doubtful that Will will ever see his snakes again.

Quote:
Originally posted by BenR
I know Jay pretty well and I find it hard to believe he would be dodging anyone's calls. If you're not already you might want to try and call his cell phone number. 714 402 4444

Thanks,
Ben Rogers

Old 12-23-2003, 07:12 PM   #10
Seamus Haley
This entire issue raises some interesting questions about legalities and morals...

I know a few of the bigger name breeders have had animals stolen from them at times in the past, some of the animals were tracked down and recovered, others were not.

Reccieving stolen property can potentially be a serious crime, but in cases where the individual making the purchase had no reason to believe that the item(s) were stolen, prosecution is generally not an option.

There is also a question about what right Whitefeather may have had to be selling these animals... It's implied very strongly that he and the original poster were business partners of some kind at some point, which might give him leeway in selling the animals which were owned jointly. Additionally, because of whitefeather's poor reputation and obvious criminal history, there is a kind of guilt by association which arises... Asking purely from the standpoint of someone uninvolved- How can it be proven that Michael stole these snakes and sold them falsely? Isn't it possible that he's now just using a buddy to try and obtain animals he had already sold, so that they can be used again? Even if Whitefeather admits to stealing them, can his word be trusted?

Most importantly here though... without the extensive use of AVID chips or other devices, how can any animal (with the exception of a few truely one of a kind specimins) be 100% identified to the point where it would hold up in court? How were animals identified in some of those cases where it was proven that they were stolen, what kind of evidence is required? If someone purchases, unknowingly, stolen animals, what kind of route can THEY take for financial recompensation if the animals are returned to the original owner?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!