Help identifying Retic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
ejwalsh
Help identifying Retic

This girl was part of a trade for some high end Balls. I was told she is a Super Tiger Sunfire Citron, and I beleive she is. I am by no means a Retic guy, but I have some knowledge on the morphs. I am looking to trade or sell her as now shes getting big and could be an asset to someone who breeds Retics. After looking at every pic on the web I could find I have found a bunch that look like her that are Super Tiger Sunfire Citrons and some that look like her that are just Super Tiger Sunfires. From her lack of pattern on the bottom 1/3, color and overall lack of pattern leads me to believe shes a Super Tiger Sunfire Citron. Can these morphs vary greatly? Does eye color have anything to do with the morphs? I am looking for any help to id her and get a value on her. Shes probably in the 5ft range and a yearling. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eric
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
reticguy76
who produced her and what were her parents ??

straight up just lookin at her, she looks like a definite supertiger sunfire. citron stuff is hard to tell mixed with other genes. so, unless one of the parents were a visual carrier of the titanium gene, it would technically be supertiger sunfire poss het titanium (poss citron).
now, that being said, im not much into the citron type stuff, and im not fully sure if there are subtle visuals to tell hets from non-hets from.

great lookin snake though

Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
ejwalsh
I have since talked to a couple people and am fairly sure it has Citron in the mix. A friend did the trade and ended getting a few of these a couple males and a couple females, this one included. Hes pretty sure they are Super Tiger Sunfire Citrons. I wish I knew the breeding for sure. After looking over a bunch of pics it seems the Citron stuff has less pattern and a little more color. I found a few pics on a certain breeders website and compared, but they were hatchling pics and I dont have any pics of her as a hatchling. The biggest problem is the value difference is several thousand dollars between if it is Citron or not. Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Utta
Without knowing for sure, and the fact that the citron stuff is SO hard to tell when mixed with a sunfire, you'd be better off marketing her as a poss het titanium.

The citron (het titanium) adds a nice yellow hue to normals, tigers and super tigers. Sunfire, adds the orange colouration and lack of pattern on the lower end of the snake. Trying to see the yelow, or citron, threw the sunfire is almost impossible.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
ejwalsh
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I am doing a little background checking on her to find out for sure. The person who actually did the trade is sure they were het Titanium. I may have to just label her as possible het Titanium. What would the value be around for a snake like this?

Thanks, Eric

Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
Utta
I'd say around 3-4k?

super tiger sunfire is around 2k, and the poss citron has to account for something.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
ejwalsh
Thanks. Thats what I was thinking, about $3500. Appreciate it.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
ejwalsh
She's definitely het Titanium. I spoke with a buddy of mine and he verified that she is het Titanium and poss. het Albino to boot!

Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
reticguy76
remember, you will have to have paper documentation if you sell her, that she is a 100% citron, since citrons mixed with other morphs, tend not to have the markers and coloring that they do on normals. otherwise, with no papers, she is just a sunfire supertiger poss citron, poss het albino

Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
ejwalsh
Yeah, I will definitely provide photo and written genetics guarantee to a purchaser from myself. I unfortunately don't have any paperwork from the breeder. That's why she is priced at about half of her actual value. I can provide alot more info to anyone who is interested. I can be contacted anytime by phone or email. If she doesn't sell I will just have to breed her some how. I think I will stick with Balls after this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!