Wow, 3 new mutations from www.ballpythons.de - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
WingedWolf
Wow, 3 new mutations from www.ballpythons.de

Just witnessed on Kingsnake.com, 3 brand new mutations out of Africa. They look remarkably like existing mutations and normal snakes, of course.
It's a Fefe ball: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=511702

Here's an 'Achimota': http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=511708

A Boycon
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=511716

All sounds pretty fishy to me....

Old 11-06-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
ToshaMc
If I'm not mistaken that is Stefan Broghammer - he has been around quite some time - gets some really neat stuff from Africa - is pretty respected - think he's even done some good BP books as well.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #3
WingedWolf
Well, if that's true, it's good to know...because 3 new mutations that no one else has coming out of Africa, and being put on the market all at the same time looks a little strange.
All 3 of those snakes look the same to me, I'm afraid. I don't see much difference between the "Fefe" and the "Boycon". Feel free to correct me if I'm missing something...

Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
snake5007
Here, you can compare them:
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #5
Pink Lady Exotics
Those ads have consistently been reposted for many months, I've seen them multiple times. My guess is that they're hard to sell because of high overseas shipping costs, CITES fees, and the exchange rate between Euros and American dollars. I've seen many ads by that seller for at least 2 years, and I believe he is one of the very few European breeders that attends Daytona every year.

Also, the 3 that he posted do have differences between them if you look on his website. According to his info, the names he gave them were taken from local towns near the places he physically went and got them from in Africa. That doesn't mean it's a permanently named morph, just something he's calling them.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #6
daniel1983
Was this really worth a BOI post? You did nothing but read an ad, make assumptions, and make unwarranted post. No research put into this post at all.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #7
WingedWolf
Well, it was actually more of an inquiry, though I suppose I should have labeled it as such. I thought that the posts were suspicious, and went looking for input from other people, to see what THEY thought.
Apparently everyone else thinks it's on the up-and-up. That's fine. If it were NOT legitimate, it would have served the purpose of alerting people to the possible scam.
I haven't made any assumptions at all. If I had made an assumption, the post would have been "HEY LOOK, A SCAM!" or something.
(and all 3 of them still look alike to me, wherever they came from, lol)

Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
David Reid
Did you even email them to ask THEM any ?'s

Freakin lame post, and a LAZY appearing post.

Dave

Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #9
bcherps
Hey All,

My 2 cents here. I think the post was a bit premature beucase there was never any wrongdoing. The kingsnake poster is well known. A better post would have been, "Hey guys I saw this, are they for real?"

However, their ads do sometimes look funny since they always talk about expo when it is no where near now, and they have some weirder/lesser known animals. They always talk about how many animals they pick, etc, etc. I could see if I was not familiar with them how it may raise flags.

Although I have seen several examples animals that are or are very similiar to the ones he is offering. Ben Seigal brought in a group of farm holdbacks at the end of the season that covered the spectrum of Rusty/Fefes/Ebony and he is now calling them sentinals, technicolor, and one type he sold to winston tsai-who is now marketing it as the "WTF" ball.

So if you are truely interested in them they are here in Florida starting at about 10k and up each. The WTF is 10k, and I believe the Sentinals are 30k

thanks
ben

Old 11-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf
Well, it was actually more of an inquiry, though I suppose I should have labeled it as such. I thought that the posts were suspicious, and went looking for input from other people, to see what THEY thought.
Apparently everyone else thinks it's on the up-and-up. That's fine. If it were NOT legitimate, it would have served the purpose of alerting people to the possible scam.
I haven't made any assumptions at all. If I had made an assumption, the post would have been "HEY LOOK, A SCAM!" or something.
(and all 3 of them still look alike to me, wherever they came from, lol)
This still doesn't belong on the BOI, should have been in the ball python discussion forum. IF you said in the title inquiry, and asked actual questions about the seller, it would.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!