NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #61
crazycorn
*sounding

Old 07-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #62
Jim O
A retraction of the "Bad Guy" at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=65172 would also be in order.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #63
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
Okay, I WAS WRONG on NERD supporting voids and saying they do so, I truely sorry to KAra and Kevin. Yes I should have contacted them first, as we all know being up late at night does help us make good choices. I am also sorry for aounding cocky as someone has mentioned.
Now that my young friend, is showing some maturity.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #64
crazycorn
Has been done...

Old 07-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #65
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Now that my young friend, is showing some maturity.
Yes it is. I am almost tempted to give him postive rep points for it.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #66
crazycorn
I will admit to making mistakes, trust me we all make them and I have made plenty.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #67
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
I will admit to making mistakes, trust me we all make them and I have made plenty.
Yes we all have. Actually there is a quote from someone here and I cannot remember who said it but it has stuck with me since I read it the first time. It goes something like "an error is not a mistake unless you don't learn from it". Quite apt IMO.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #68
crazycorn
I have too seen that quote, that and "A mistake is a mistake until you admit you are wrong".

Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #69
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh'

BAMM, SPLAT, CRACKLE, POP, BANG!!!!!

Ewwwwww I bet that hurt.

Anywho.................... I also believe you need to apologize to Kara.

Damn, now I feel bad for pushing him off that cliff.

Ummmmm 911, Ummmm someone............fell off a little rock thingie. No, no I can't see that far. Ummmm, I, I, mean there's a tree in my sightline. Yes , you better send a chopper instead of an ambulance. My name? It's ummmmmm Jim, yes Jim............................

Old 07-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #70
Gary O
Hello everyone

Ok there is a problem I see. And it is not NERD having voids. I couldn't care less that they have them. as stated they were took in as rescues. I say GOOD FOR THEM!

My problem

Why do you have to have hands on with a void? Lets say that gaboon turned and bit the kid. It would hurt like hell even if it could not produce venom. But lets say the kid did need metical treatment. I promise you it would make the paper as 90% of bites do and it would not say. Venomoid gaboon bite. It would say Deadly gaboon bites kid at a local herp show at NERD! It would not have to be a kid. It could have been any adult and then in the sue happy world NERD getting sued for a HOT bite not a void bite.

There is no classification(sp) for a void bite.......... It would say the species and if it is a hot species you guessed it it would be logged as a hot bite.

You can read my posts on my site. I am not shocked that nerd has voids. EVERYONE knew that. They say they got them from rescues. I am not going to call them liars. They say they got them that way then they did. But to have a hands on show with voids is wrong IMO. Does that mean everyone here should think the way I do? NOPE. It is my opinion and you need to form your own.

Voids give you a false feeling of security. But all it takes is one bite from a "void" that is trully hot. You get bite by a "void" cobra and you think ah it is a void who cares. You do not seek medical attention. But wait it delivered a hot bite. You waited valuable time thinking you were fine and now need to rush to the hospital and hope they get the AV in time.

So many things can go wrong with hots or "voids" open to public like that IMO

and that is my only problem. I see it as a I am cool type thing, see what I can do with this cobra or gaboon. We are one of the best breeders and we can do it. That may not be what NERD ment to come of this. But this is what I take from it. again it is my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread