Bad Guy Jim Talioferro - Dead Shipment/Unresponsive - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #31
DaveyFig
One of the accounts has him listed as being from MI, and one from OH. In the Ohio profile he mentions the Ohio Tortoise Rescue. Could he be taking in tortoises as rescues and selling them?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #32
DavidBeard
Sort of off topic, but since when do Sulcatas fetch $900? I always thought they were rather cheap tortoises...is this some kind of morph?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #33
DaveyFig
$900 is about right for an adult female.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #34
chazzz
Dave you beat me to the punch. I also noticed the two locations but what caught my eye even more is Ohio Tortoise Rescue in his Signature. I think Ohio Tortoise Torture would be a more fitting signature. And Dave I think you're on the right track about him taking in rescues then selling them for a very high profit.

This goes way beyond the normal bad guy post on the BOI where someone might have made a mistake or even the normal scams you see here. As odd as this may sound I would have much rather seen that nothing was shipped and the OP was scammed out of his money. At least then this poor tortoise wouldn't have had to go through such torture prior to its final demise.

There's no excuse for what happened here. Although I don't think Jim will make an appearance on this thread but I do hope he is held accountable for his actions to the fullest extent.

I'm so sorry Galen that you have been put through this mess and my biggest sympathy goes out to that female tortoise that must have endured so much pain and agony before it died.

Never has a thread turned my stomach so much as this one!!

Galen what was the return address on both shipments? Judging by the how different the tortoises were shipped even though they both were cruel and unusual. They seem like they may have been shipped from completely different people. Perhaps someone sending their tortoise to the supposed rescue. That's why he didn't know the tortoise had been shipped out. I find it very odd that his wife would ship out a tortoise without his knowledge.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #35
DaveyFig
The Jim Taliaferro with an a (not Talioferro with an o) in Dryden, MI has a facebook page that is accessible to people not on his friends list. He is the owner of a landscaping company in Dryden called "A Cut Above".

Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 AM   #36
laterob
Chazz is onto something. Google's never heard of 'Ohio Tortoise Rescue'. This guy also had an ad (7/22 I think) for painted turtles but he listed it/them as 'paited turtles'. Get him, OP, get him good!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #37
laterob
They are both 'Jim Taliaferro', no?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #38
laterob
Wonder if anyone in Dryden's reported a missing tortoise (from the yard) recently......

Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #39
RichsBallPythons
Whats his Phone Number you texted back and forth to.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #40
Clay Davenport
I have restored the ad for the female sulcata. It can be seen here.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=259360

Both accounts do belong to the same person, the same phone number is given in ads posted under both accounts (248-978-5394).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!