The ALL NEW Fauna FREE seed Gift and Exchange - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades

Notices

Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
Christina Vincent
Cat- the monkshood you mentioned sounds awesome I LOVE tall color. Are they seeds? I have multiple micro climates for diff plants (succulents-dry/woods damp and dry/shaded areas/ 6-7 hrs sun areas and full on sear your eyeballs southern sun areas lol) so as far as zones go I have been successful with it all except veggies O.o. lol really something I wanna master with this space I have heh

Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 PM   #32
Mikeg414
Long time since I have been on! Christina, I am very interested in a Sago pup or 2, and a couple oak saplings if you are up for it!!! I have some houseplants I can trade: Angel Wing Begonia, 2 Large Stricta airplants that Have been removed from the mother plant for nearly 2 years are are strong and healthy, Red variation and normal Prayer plant cuttings just starting to root in water, and that is about it for now. I can top off my Nepenthes sanguinea and start a cutting of that if you'd like too. Please let me know! Thanks,
Michael

Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
Christina Vincent
No problem on the sago pups Mike, the oaks I haven't had to ship yet but am totally willing to attempt! (sry mostly pick ups lol) and while the leafed sagos do great after a few days of darkness -shipping-with a drink of water n sunshine, I am unsure of the oaks takin to the dark? So let me take a look around and see what I can come up with. We'll get you some baby oaks lol the adults are amazing, I'll post a pic of the adults on my profile, tho I personally had nothing to do with growin them lol they have been around a lot longer than I lol.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #34
Mikeg414
If you can find a way that would be quite awesome! I recently acquired a 1.2 group of Giant African Millipedes and I really need some Oak leaves for them. I mean I can go into the city (I live in the country) and get some leaves, but I do not know about pesticides or pollution so I have decided to stray away from that idea. And none of the local nurseries have any oak saplings for sale. You can PM your e-mail and I will send you some money via paypal (if that is what you use, if not I can find another way). Also my zip is 98363. Thanks again Christina! Let me know if any of those plants I listed interest you too=)

Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #35
Christina Vincent
These are just for donations...I don't wanna sell on this thread. And I don't think I can post ads until I pay the contribution BUT I am happy to find a way to get you a sapling and some other freebies! Lol

On the millipedes, do they eat the fresh leaves? Fallen leaves? Curious only because I can supply those in lg quantities, and depending on the need an oak may not grow fast enough...tho these guys do take off in the young yrs...just curious is all
Would the type of oak matter? I have Larual Oaks and River/live oaks and one other I haven't ID'd yet so I figure better ask if its for food! We could try diff ones maybe?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #36
Christina Vincent
I think I could send it in a tube...like blueprints come in? PM me your zip code, I think a tube would allow for better shipping-no bending-be able to send a taller sapling...the absence of light worries me a lil i 'll look some stuff up, i'd hate for you to get a dead tree O.o my palms (all of um) do fine for a few days w/o light but I'll dbl check to be sure.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Christina Vincent
No pesticides or fertilizers are used on the property here. Pest control I always did with other "bugs" mantids are my favorite and our soil is rich so there's never been a need to add ferts to it. Maybe that's why I'm having zero luck in the veggie dept...lol hrrrmmm

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #38
Mikeg414
[quote=Christina Vincent;1436886]These are just for donations...I don't wanna sell on this thread. And I don't think I can post ads until I pay the contribution BUT I am happy to find a way to get you a sapling and some other freebies! Lol

QUOTE]

Well I gotta pay for shipping lol!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #39
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Vincent View Post
These are just for donations...I don't wanna sell on this thread. And I don't think I can post ads until I pay the contribution BUT I am happy to find a way to get you a sapling and some other freebies! Lol
Just for the record, no, you don't have to be a contributor in order to post classified ads here. But you do have to be a contributing member in order to REPLY to ads. Sounds kind of goofy, I know, but it was the only way I could stop the rampant ad bumping going on.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #40
Christina Vincent
Oh! Thanks Webslave, I musta misunderstood. Makes sense about the "bump" thing.

Mike, I can cover shippin most likely. Let me look up some prices. If it's TOO much I'll let you know but so far for the plants -usps has been pretty decently priced. I will be out in the yard today lookin for your baby oaks for measurements (most are on the short side-3ft down to acorn sprouts lol)
But I could send a few if they're under 3ft! I'll let u know this afternoon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!