Vern Ball - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
David Reid
Vern Ball

Several years ago I acquired a cool dark female I just called my Dark Dinker. Some people thought she looked like a Chocolate, and most who saw her liked her look. I produced a Mojave male from her a few years ago and bred him back to her the last two years. I have what I feel is a new morph with a Super. The Vern Ball, as I am calling it, is characterized by nice dorsal and side flames, a high amount of peach under the brown on the side patterns, a clean and unusual belly, a unique star looking head pattern, and a clean, no alien head pattern as you get to the tail end (last like one-third of the body). I have posted a few pictures next to a normal colored Ball. The only cross so far is a Mojave. Based on the three total clutches so far, I believe I have hatched out at least 5 babies I am calling the single gene Vern Ball, and one I believe is the Super form. Based on my breeding's so far, it looks like my female is the actual Super form. Any comments pro or con?

Dave

This picture shows the 2013 male single gene Vern after his first shed and first meal. This picture really shows the Vern head pattern.

Same snake.

Head pattern shot.

Vern belly shot.

Vern and Normal colored Ball.

Reduced Patterned Vern from 2012.

Super Vern 2012

Super from 2012 again.

Original Vern that I feel is a Super

Vern in the back, and Super Vern after shed in the front.

Original female.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
charlene.dourty
interesting. It does appear to have a chocolate look to it but also looks a little harly too. I find myself lost when it comes to all the new morphs and all the dinker projects people are working with. But congrats and hope to see more combos soon

Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
David Reid
I am pairing the Mojave Vern up with the original female again, hoping to get conclusive results.

I think this female holdback is a Super Vern Mojave.

Dave

Old 12-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
jimssnakes0808
Hey dave my vern male has bin very busy has locked with a huge female 3 times. So I'm hoping to get acouple female verns out of them.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
David Reid
Jim, I hope he gets the job done for you and you get a few new crosses.

Dave

Old 12-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
jimssnakes0808
Me too dave he is a stud. Thanks again I have a couple high end girls for him next year :-)

Old 03-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
David Reid
Jim, you get any eggs yet?

Dave

Old 03-31-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
jimssnakes0808
not yet looks like she is getting ready anytime now. I will keep you updated

Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
David Reid

Might be the first ever Lesser Vern. Not sure, will give him a few sheds.

This Lucy hatched in the same clutch, could be a Vern Lucy.

Dave

Old 04-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
jimssnakes0808
Very nice dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!