shows or events in southern cali/LA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
ladyserpent7
Question shows or events in southern cali/LA

does anyone know of upcoming reptile shows in LA southern cali. i went to one couple years ago in hollywood, i cant seem to find any info. on when and where they are...thanks for your help..much appreciated.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
The Reptile House
IRBA.com, these are Rays shows we vend when we have stock so can't waite till the end of this year, I hope we have enough to go! He holds his at the Pomona Fairplex and also in San Diego. Radical Reptiles, Kevin's shows are in October at the OC fair grounds you can check out his site at redicalreptiles.com. Then of course the NARBC in September is a definate must and you can locate their shows at narbc.com. Shanell.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Denisebme
San Diego Reptile Expo is scheduled for April 8th and 9th. Pomona is May 20, 21, July 15,16 and December 9,10.
The Anahiem show is September 23 and 24.
San Diego IRBA is October 7 and 8.
I haven't checked the Radical Reptiles show dates yet. The OC fairgrounds show is pretty good.
I'm off to Phoenix this weekend for a show.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denisebme
San Diego Reptile Expo is scheduled for April 8th and 9th. Pomona is May 20, 21, July 15,16 and December 9,10.
The Anahiem show is September 23 and 24.
San Diego IRBA is October 7 and 8.
I haven't checked the Radical Reptiles show dates yet. The OC fairgrounds show is pretty good.
I'm off to Phoenix this weekend for a show.
Denise where were you able to get that info? My bookmarked expo sites from IRBA, and Radical are outdated they both still have 05' info.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #5
The Reptile House
She probibly got them off the aplications that they send to all their vendor's if she attended one of their shows in the past. They just sent me ours. I did look on the site and it is 2005's dates. I also went on Kingsnake.com and there are no shows listed for CA-wierd? Shanell.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reptile House
She probibly got them off the aplications that they send to all their vendor's if she attended one of their shows in the past. They just sent me ours. I did look on the site and it is 2005's dates. I also went on Kingsnake.com and there are no shows listed for CA-wierd? Shanell.
I checked there too. It sucks that CA is the most populous state yet, it seems like we have less shows, and they are less often. I envy those in other states where they have many shows to choose from, and they are usually throughout the year.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #7
Denisebme
I get them from LLLReptile. We try to attend all the California shows. I know there are one or two in the bay area I'm missing, and Radical normally does OC Fairgrounds at the end of October.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
The Reptile House
Ya I know we did 2 Pomona shows last year and hardly anyone came to purchase. There really are not that many vendors doing the IRBA so it makes sence that not many people are attending. I sure wish it would pick up. One of these days I will have enough to go to a show in Florida! Shanell.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #9
Denisebme
I think we have less shows because attendence just isn't what it used to be. The San Diego IRBA show used to be amazing, before the internet, it was the absolute best place to go to see anything new on the market. Nowadays, with resources like Fauna, you don't have to leave your house to find what you want. Personally, I still like the shows, and we even plan our vacations sometimes to hit shows in other states.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #10
The Reptile House
That sounds just like us! I like the shows better of course everything is right at your fingertips but in person so you see exactly what you are getting. We still attend just to go see all our friends we have not seen in a while and of course I never can pass up a boa or 2 or 3, what ever I can get past my hubby Shanell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!