Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 49 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #481
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
You really have to do your homework before buying from people.... Sakara has been known to buy and sell lots of snakes... that's a big red flag.... Everyone's seen pics on forums of her "facility" and there is never any mention of quarantine ......
That's not entirely accurate, there were SEVERAL posts made by Ashley referring to her "standard quarantine".
She even insisted the BCL that died of IBD was "quarantined" and she "followed standard protocols for quarantine". Several times it was brought up pictures showed the BCL in the room with main collection.

While I agree with you that certain steps SHOULD be taken when bringing in a new snake. Both victims here THOUGHT Ashley was a friend, and she has portrayed herself as a knowledgable, responsible keeper.
Only after throwing ALL of her lies and contradictions on the BOI has she been exposed for what she really is.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #482
RachelSS
Someone asked earlier if anyone was making donations to Dr. Jacobson's research and YES, from the money made from selling the babies from my breeding projects, I will donate money to Dr. Jacobson's research.

I asked him where anyone could make the donations to, and he said to please make checks payable to "The University of Florida Research Foundation", and in the memo "for IBD research". The address to send checks is:

Elliott Jacobson, DVM, PhD, DACZM
Building 2015, SW 16th Ave
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32610

Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #483
reticguy76
very cool info, rachel. i shall be doing so. we need to figure this horrible disease out and be able to treat/cure/prevent it.

any word on any refundage ??

Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #484
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
very cool info, rachel. i shall be doing so. we need to figure this horrible disease out and be able to treat/cure/prevent it.

any word on any refundage ??
No, I was supposed to hear from her an hour ago "at the latest" (her words) and heard nothing. I'm assuming at this point I won't be getting refunded directly from her the easy way. In my email to her I stated the refund needed to be completed by tomorrow. It's her last chance at redemption, IMO.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #485
reticguy76
i think that is a very safe assumption. usually, if a person is good on their word and wants to rectify a situation or travesty, they get back in contact and rectify the problem, asap.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #486
reticguy76
i think she has a long way to go to redeem herself and name after these issues in this thread. i really do wish her the best and hope she comes to her senses and realize that its not about reputation as much as it is about the animals health. animals lives are potentially at stake here. at some point it has to stop being about saving reps and restoring names and such, it needs to be about the animals first and foremost. if the animals werent around, we wouldnt be here doing what we love, with animals we love

Old 12-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #487
sally-dog
For the people that saw Ashley for what she was from the beginning, TWO years ago, there is NO REDEMPTION. She had never earned our respect to begin with.

Frankly, I don't think she cares about this at all. She wants to play "business" like little kids play "house"! Anyone who is trying to conduct a sucessful business would never treat their customers this way. Ever.

Ashley is going to have to find a new hobby. And this should be a "Bad Guy" thread, instead of merely an inquiry.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #488
amercnwmn
I believe that would have to opened by the actual customers of Ashley's and those she wronged in the course of her business.

Since I was neither, and I didn't have proof of the other issues, I just posted it as a "Buyer Beware" so people would get a "heads up" and hopefully the community could help pressure her into stopping her sales.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #489
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
For the people that saw Ashley for what she was from the beginning, TWO years ago, there is NO REDEMPTION. She had never earned our respect to begin with.

Frankly, I don't think she cares about this at all. She wants to play "business" like little kids play "house"! Anyone who is trying to conduct a sucessful business would never treat their customers this way. Ever.

Ashley is going to have to find a new hobby. And this should be a "Bad Guy" thread, instead of merely an inquiry.
At this point, I have to agree.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #490
amercnwmn
Still more ads up..
http://www.domesticsale.com/Classifieds/436942.html

You can't expect us to believe you FORGOT you had ads on all these sites.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd