Heated tortie house - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
jrfan88
Heated tortie house

Would like to make a medium sized heated tortie house, this would be for 3 cherry headed redfoots. It still is chilly here and I had to bring them back in they are not happy about that. ideas I need simple plans as I am mechanically challanged.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Tiger Lilly
I don't want you to think no one is paying attention to your post...I found a page when I was researching sulcattas. It was basically one of those hard plastic garden sheds with a radiator-type oil-filled heater. The heater was secured behind a short 'wall' of plywood to keep the tortoise from getting too close.
As soon as I find it again, I will post the link.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
I know you don't have sulcattas, but this is what I was talking about:

http://www.sulcata-station.org/shed1.html

It may at least give you an idea, and it's complete with photos.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
jrfan88
Thanks a bunch. i would love to have a sulcata but winters would be a problem and I only have enough room for the 2 tort pens and room for the dogs to play I will have to stick with my little guys. Love torts, I have my beardies and a couple snakes but torties have my heart.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Tiger Lilly
Oddly enough, I have developed an interest in turtles & torts due to a dead baby box turtle I found in my yard...they are very interesting creatures, and cute, as well.
Well, I hope that link gives you some idea of heating an area for them!
Post some photos when you get a chance (through photobucket). I'm sure others would like to see them as much as I would.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!