Bad Guy Anthony J McCain - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #61
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Pierre View Post
This looks less like a case of a cantankerous seller and more a case of a man with a mental illness in freefall. Everyone involved in this should probably becareful and take any threats seriously.
I don't think there is any doubt that he is seriously ill. Anyone who is threatened should certainly contact the police, but I don't believe in letting people intimidate others into not speaking their minds.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #62
headshotstylee
this dude is seriously unstable. i couldn't help but laugh reading all of this asinine diarrhea he is spewing onto his defenseless keyboard..the ink on his shift key has probably been faded from excessive use. also if anyone needs images that have vulgarity censored just pm me on here.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #63
RoyalPythonPros
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshotstylee View Post
this dude is seriously unstable. i couldn't help but laugh reading all of this asinine diarrhea he is spewing onto his defenseless keyboard..the ink on his shift key has probably been faded from excessive use. also if anyone needs images that have vulgarity censored just pm me on here.
Well right in that post he fully admitted being bi-polar. He really needs some help SOON.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #64
Philsuma
I hit the BOI every now an' then - today to check on a vendor's neg feedback that affects my particular hobby animal niche and sometimes I can 'feel' a neg thread should be looked into. Like this one, and boy was I 'right'.

This man's rants are indeed depressing, pitying, railing, racist and many other negative things. As someone with a law enforcement background, I see definite 'red flags' and other indicators that seem in my opinion, to be taken very seriously.

This may sound like a huge cop (get it?) out, but the exotic animal hobby is huge. Large in size BUT filled with specialized niches - specific species and animal groups. If this were a Dart Frog related breeder/vendor/hobby person...I would do everything I could to try to see that this person was someday, never a part of the mainstream hobby. Just based on his verbiage alone. Add the eyewitness accounts of other corroborating hobbyists.

I hope the entire ball python hobby and American Bulldog groups take the most serious action that they can with this person. Protect people, but also protect the animals.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #65
JasonG
He has threatened me and many others on the ball python breeders group. He has also called my cell phone threatening me as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ballpythonbreeders/

Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #66
Pink Lady Exotics
Thank you Alex for posting that. I'm limited being on my phone. That rant about me was very disturbing considering he has a lot of false delusional ideas and accusations in there. However, he has done this a few times since my abruptly ended visit, always demeaning and belittling me, so I take it with a grain of salt. This is how he treats EVERYONE that might have ever disliked him or said anything about him, truth or not. He is verbally abusive and from what I saw in person, he is very capable of physical violence.

Here's the thing, and I left this out of my original post because I felt it was too personal and despite Anthony's behavior, I felt I should limit what I said. Anthony has admitted in many public places that he is bi-polar, and I know from meeting him and talking to him about it that that is only one of a few disorders he has been diagnosed with. I won't say what the others are. He regularly sees his psychiatrist and has multiple medications prescribed to him. I saw the many bottles on his kitchen counter. The problem is, he doesn't take them except for maybe 1/3 of the time. If anyone knows basic pharmacology, you know that antidepressants and antipsychotics have to be taken at the same time every single day for multiple weeks, in order for them to build up in the system and be effective. Anthony told me as we sat on the kitchen floor and ate pizza the 2nd night, that he doesn't like taking his meds because they make him sleepy and unable to focus. That they affect his ability to plan out genetic combos and run the math in his head, and that's his passion and his bread and butter. Up until that point, he'd been really nice, albeit arrogant, so it seemed feasible to me. But I saw him flip like a lightswitch over an e-mail someone sent him, and start throwing things and ranting and getting very angry. I saw more of this behavior after I went home and called things off -- the same behavior you all have now seen in how he treated Dan and everyone that has discussed this. So Anthony has been helped, been diagnosed, been treated, and he chooses not to follow through and instead chooses to be this way.

He wants to bring up things I said as we got to know each other and other personal aspects. I have no shame or reason to lie or hide that I said and did some things while I was genuinely interested in someone and wanted to pursue something more. That's the name of the dating game. However he wants to claim I was trying to get something from him, wanted free animals, etc and none of that could be farther from the truth. He also claims I "stole Kevin McCurley's book" from him while I was there, and today added some tubs to that claim. I never stole a single thing from him, and as I explained to him multiple times, there is no way I could have as we took HIS truck to the snake house every time and always left my car, my bags, etc at his main house. There was no way I could have walked out with a book or tubs without him seeing. It also makes no sense why I would steal something like a book or some tubs, when I was handling $15, 000 hatchling snakes (including sulfur crystals) that I could have so easily put in my pocket. I never stole a single thing from Anthony, it's just more if his delusional ranting.

I kept my mouth shut for 2 years, and only came forward now after seeing Dan's issue and hearing from other people who had similar issues. 2-3 months ago Anthony messaged me that 2 of his dogs died within the same week (may have been the same month, I don't have the messages anymore because I boocked him). One was the girl I really liked, and she died from Pyometra. Pyometra is a raging infection of the uterus, and in non-acute cases can usually be treated by antibiotics (spaying is recommended). In acute cases it can usually be treated with emergency spaying and treatment for septic shock along with antibiotics. So losing 2 dogs so close in time made me wonder if things really hadn't changed since my visit. I have thought about reporting it to the authorities, but didn't think anything would come of it and feared retribution. It is my sincerest hope that he steps back, opens his eyes, and does what is needed instead of thinking it's all some type of government conspiracy.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
chadharper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Lady Exotics View Post
Thank you Alex for posting that. I'm limited being on my phone. That rant about me was very disturbing considering he has a lot of false delusional ideas and accusations in there. However, he has done this a few times since my abruptly ended visit, always demeaning and belittling me, so I take it with a grain of salt. This is how he treats EVERYONE that might have ever disliked him or said anything about him, truth or not. He is verbally abusive and from what I saw in person, he is very capable of physical violence.

Here's the thing, and I left this out of my original post because I felt it was too personal and despite Anthony's behavior, I felt I should limit what I said. Anthony has admitted in many public places that he is bi-polar, and I know from meeting him and talking to him about it that that is only one of a few disorders he has been diagnosed with. I won't say what the others are. He regularly sees his psychiatrist and has multiple medications prescribed to him. I saw the many bottles on his kitchen counter. The problem is, he doesn't take them except for maybe 1/3 of the time. If anyone knows basic pharmacology, you know that antidepressants and antipsychotics have to be taken at the same time every single day for multiple weeks, in order for them to build up in the system and be effective. Anthony told me as we sat on the kitchen floor and ate pizza the 2nd night, that he doesn't like taking his meds because they make him sleepy and unable to focus. That they affect his ability to plan out genetic combos and run the math in his head, and that's his passion and his bread and butter. Up until that point, he'd been really nice, albeit arrogant, so it seemed feasible to me. But I saw him flip like a lightswitch over an e-mail someone sent him, and start throwing things and ranting and getting very angry. I saw more of this behavior after I went home and called things off -- the same behavior you all have now seen in how he treated Dan and everyone that has discussed this. So Anthony has been helped, been diagnosed, been treated, and he chooses not to follow through and instead chooses to be this way.

He wants to bring up things I said as we got to know each other and other personal aspects. I have no shame or reason to lie or hide that I said and did some things while I was genuinely interested in someone and wanted to pursue something more. That's the name of the dating game. However he wants to claim I was trying to get something from him, wanted free animals, etc and none of that could be farther from the truth. He also claims I "stole Kevin McCurley's book" from him while I was there, and today added some tubs to that claim. I never stole a single thing from him, and as I explained to him multiple times, there is no way I could have as we took HIS truck to the snake house every time and always left my car, my bags, etc at his main house. There was no way I could have walked out with a book or tubs without him seeing. It also makes no sense why I would steal something like a book or some tubs, when I was handling $15, 000 hatchling snakes (including sulfur crystals) that I could have so easily put in my pocket. I never stole a single thing from Anthony, it's just more if his delusional ranting.

I kept my mouth shut for 2 years, and only came forward now after seeing Dan's issue and hearing from other people who had similar issues. 2-3 months ago Anthony messaged me that 2 of his dogs died within the same week (may have been the same month, I don't have the messages anymore because I boocked him). One was the girl I really liked, and she died from Pyometra. Pyometra is a raging infection of the uterus, and in non-acute cases can usually be treated by antibiotics (spaying is recommended). In acute cases it can usually be treated with emergency spaying and treatment for septic shock along with antibiotics. So losing 2 dogs so close in time made me wonder if things really hadn't changed since my visit. I have thought about reporting it to the authorities, but didn't think anything would come of it and feared retribution. It is my sincerest hope that he steps back, opens his eyes, and does what is needed instead of thinking it's all some type of government conspiracy.

Damn thats crazy. I was thinking you were going to say he was lacking somewhere and thats the reason for his anger issues. lol

Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #68
Kaorte
I feel like all this coming to light is not going to help the situation, though it clearly needed to happen. I am fearful for the people that are close to him... he is in need of some serious help before he does something horrible... It seems like no one would be able to talk some sense into him... he is seriously mad!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #69
KelliH
I really hope he gets some help, otherwise I fear for the health and well being of those that encounter him, as well as his own health and well being.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #70
GreenCountryHerp
Unfortunately you have his little followers out there that believe he is innocent and will continue to buy from him and keep him in business. The guy needs to be committed and his animals taken away. Someone this messed up has no right to have that many lives depend on him. If he treats customers this way I can't imagine what he does with animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!