Bad Guy Anthony J McCain - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #81
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by region reptiles View Post
Daniel be the bigger man be done with it and move on he made his bed already. As for him being banned from other shows does anybody have 100% proof on how he keeps his animals other then somebody saying he does ?? Pics ??
Of course the animals are very important, but even if there were no animals involved at all, a person threatening violence against someone who has disagreed with him has no place within the reptile community. And the fact that he demanded Brian provide him a table, well, what is that? It certainly wouldn't fly here in St. Louis.

Noelle

Old 04-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #82
region reptiles
Noelle I will bet when the smoke clears and he does what he has to do about making things right he will be at the big shows. This is not the first time McCain has had issues.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #83
Fangthane
Quote:
Noelle I will bet when the smoke clears and he does what he has to do about making things right he will be at the big shows. This is not the first time McCain has had issues.
The bar has already been set pretty low. A simple lip-service apology is apparently about all that's required for him to be welcomed back to NARBC shows. We can't let someone's overtly psychotic tendencies stand in the way of turning a profit. As has been shown time and again, there's often not much room for standing on principles when they may interfere with the bottom line.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #84
chadharper
So has he apologized or no? And I seen on FB that another show had banned him and that ban is for life regardless.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 AM   #85
rcarichter
Quote:
Wow. Okay.
So he threatens violence and spews racist remarks, then says he's sorry, and everyone is okay with this??? More than once??? Guess I'm exceptionally naive.
What's the breaking point? What are people are waiting for? Does he actually have to physically harm someone or start a fight in front of a child at a show? Or is it like Dan suggests---as long as nobody's money is involved, all other behavior is acceptable?

Noelle

Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #86
meowmeowkazoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Wow. Okay.
So he threatens violence and spews racist remarks, then says he's sorry, and everyone is okay with this??? More than once??? Guess I'm exceptionally naive.
What's the breaking point? What are people are waiting for? Does he actually have to physically harm someone or start a fight in front of a child at a show? Or is it like Dan suggests---as long as nobody's money is involved, all other behavior is acceptable?

Noelle
I hate to sound like a broken record, but if the earlier statements about his animal neglect/abuse are true, then allowing him to vend at any show is pretty much condoning his treatment of his animals, and funding him to continue to do this. I won't ever support a show that allows known animal abusers to vend there.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #87
Philsuma
I would HOPE that this exact type of psychotic behavior would result in Banning from all Shows.

If Denise ever let this guy in at Hamburg, for example, then that's the last time I would ever go.

We had a member of the Dart Frog Community steal from a Vendor at White Plains and then from another member's gathering (a home !).

Needless to say, that guy is ostracized - never to return to the light of day in our hobby. Guaranteed.

Time to start treating everyone who deals with him, just like him - persona non grata.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #88
David Reid
I was kinda hoping this thread and the FB stuff (I have only read what is posted here, I do not frequent FB) would be a wake up call to Anthony. I have had a deal or two with Anthony, and like most people have said, he is cool one second and flies off the handle the next. He likes to belittle everyone else's collections, and talk himself up like he is the only Ball Python breeder doing anything in the hobby. I feel sorry for the guy, looks like he has dug a very big hole this time. I think someone who lives by him, maybe a few people at one time, should go over and video tape his operation. Let's see if it is as bad as some say, and if it is, time to hire an employee or two?? It is pretty sad...if he has any friends, it is time for an intervention.

Dave

Old 04-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #89
LauraB
Quote:
I think someone who lives by him, maybe a few people at one time, should go over and video tape his operation
With all due respect, David, do you really think it would be a good idea for people to show up unannounced, uninvited at the private property of someone who may possibly have anger/bi-polar issues? Especially to video tape?

Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #90
David Reid
Never said to go un announced. Maybe he wants to let the world see people are lying about his set ups?

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!