Herping in Minnesota - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
Miss Tuniwha
HA HA HA HA.. just don't even bother !!! :P

Garter snakes.. salamanders.. toads, frogs.. little skinks .. the occasional bull snake, the rarely seen rattlers in the far southern parts of MN..

baaaasically, don't waste your time :P

I can't remember the last time I found something reptilian that wasn't super boring (on the previous list).. And I have lived in this general area my entire life..

Um.. if you wanna go mosquito hunting.. well.. this is a good state for that :P

Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #12
KalouAndJay
I just recently moved from MN, if you mean a reptile store, there is one in Burnsville. It is called Leaping Lizards, they have GREAT HERPS! All kinds; skinks, monitors, snakes, and LOTS of amphibians!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
KalouAndJay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
HA HA HA HA.. just don't even bother !!! :P

Garter snakes.. salamanders.. toads, frogs.. little skinks .. the occasional bull snake, the rarely seen rattlers in the far southern parts of MN..

baaaasically, don't waste your time :P

I can't remember the last time I found something reptilian that wasn't super boring (on the previous list).. And I have lived in this general area my entire life..

Um.. if you wanna go mosquito hunting.. well.. this is a good state for that :P
HAHA THERE ARE A CRAZY AMOUNT OF MOSQUITOS THERE!!! When I lived there, it was hard to go outside near night-time during the summer. I lived in Eagan, were do you live?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #14
Aurora
Forget the loon, mosquitos are our state bird.

But in all seriousness, there are a few species of snakes to be had. I dunno if you'll get up this way, but where I'm at on the north shore up Highway 61 past Duluth we have both tiny ringneck snakes and redbelly snakes in addition to the common garter.

Down around the cities you might be able to find a few fox snakes or a bull snake, and maybe even a milk snake or a water snake. There should also be smooth green snakes around - check in the grass! Hognoses are a possibility too. And brown snakes but they're boring lol. Then I know there's a couple rattler species in the far southeastern corner of the state, and the black rat snake is down there too but I think it's really rare.

Another rare species down there is the blue racer. How fun would that be to find!?

Check out this link for all the info ya need. I love herpin' in mah homeland.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/reptiles_...kes/index.html

Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
TMSreptiles
Go to twin cities reptiles if you live near it
its on the campus of the u of m and they have everything (they just arent extremely knowledgable about rat snakes,which isnt good for me, and confused a blue beauty with a radiated lol)
i have aquired all of my snakes, ratsnakes and otherwise, from them and im not disappointed
GO THERE

Old 07-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #16
Captive Bred Herps
Did you find anything in MN? There are lots of fox snakes in the Mankato area.

-Chris

Old 07-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
Captive Bred Herps
Minnesota has a lot of great reptile and amphibian species.

Check out: www.herpnet.net

I have a 6' 4" bullsnake a couple years back. Found over 200 bullsnakes over the past 3 years.

-Chris

Old 07-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
Captive Bred Herps
**I found a 6' 4" bullsnake a couple years back. Found over 200 bullsnakes over the past 3 years.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!