Venomoids, the right and the wrong. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #71
hhmoore
The biggest problem with this thread is that it is based on right and wrong. Doomed from the start. Venomoids have their following...I may disagree with the practice, but I don't get all worked up about it. When the picture gets painted as venomoids are right, though, and those opposed to it are wrong, extremist, or whatever; it becomes a problem. There are narrow minded people on either side of most controversial issues, and they are sometimes the most vocal.
This topic will always be here, because it will always be polarizing.

People do stupid things with v'oids...but people do stupid things with hots, too. Funny how a camera brings that out them.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #72
adder
Someone above wrote

"Ray for example hes let his bite him so much hes lost his mind lol."

Mmm, actually I was dropped on the had as a child and have been a bit strange ever since... LOL.

No venom in the venomoids means no effect on brain....(beats had on wall again):dea dhorse

ALL THE BEST

Old 01-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #73
Strike_Force_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
The biggest problem with this thread is that it is based on right and wrong. Doomed from the start. Venomoids have their following...I may disagree with the practice, but I don't get all worked up about it. When the picture gets painted as venomoids are right, though, and those opposed to it are wrong, extremist, or whatever; it becomes a problem. There are narrow minded people on either side of most controversial issues, and they are sometimes the most vocal.
This topic will always be here, because it will always be polarizing.
it should all be about respecting others views and responsible ownership and handling. except Rays, i feel sorry for the ones wasting good $ on his "educational" shows but either way i'm done with this thread. i think i've made my side clear that i agree and disagree with venomoids depending on how they are used.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #74
shrap
I dont like boob jobs either.....

Old 01-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #75
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post

See how stupid your arguments are ... yes, I can see S273 rolling on full steam ahead while you try to create questionable science on venomoids...
RAYMOND HOSER:dead horse
You are not reading, I pointed out in a prior post that each time you accuse others of not fighting the real fight because they are here, you are here also trying to be as rude as possible.

And, what do you expect, when you show so little respect that you cannot be courteous?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #76
Gary O
I have never used tongs on any of my venomous snakes. Nope never....... I have also never handled them to the point of smacking their heads against any part of my body.....

HHHHMMMMM

I wonder why? Oh thats right I love the animal not showing off

Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #77
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
You are not reading, I pointed out in a prior post that each time you accuse others of not fighting the real fight because they are here, you are here also trying to be as rude as possible.

And, what do you expect, when you show so little respect that you cannot be courteous?
It is me. He does not like me. I get people thinking. He wants everyone to love venomoids. And I and a few others did enough research to tell they are not 100% safe and he hates that.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #78
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Freehandled the snake at a show....they didn't do the surgery there.

Yeah I got that thats why I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowboy420 View Post
Oh my bad I read it wrong. that sentence looks weird to me. Anyway FREE HANDLING venomoid snakes at a show is just as ignorant.
The sentence seemed backwards to me.

ex: Your saying that the vendor i mentioned (venomoidinc) FREEHANDLE a venomoid at a show they had performed the procedure on.

The other way made it sound like the surgery had been done at the show.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #79
Alex G
Scotty, in your hypothetical situation I'd have to say "you can't always get what you want". If you WANT an elapid but worry that you or your kids might get bit, either learn how to use a snake hook and keep it locked so your kids can't get in (taking the smae precautions with it regarding them as you would a loaded gun), or don't get an elapid. View them at the zoo or on tv or in other people's collections, people who CAN handle hots without mutilating them. This seems so simple to me. If you can't resist the urge to free handle hots, DON'T GET HOTS.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #80
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
It is me. He does not like me. I get people thinking. He wants everyone to love venomoids. And I and a few others did enough research to tell they are not 100% safe and he hates that.
Keep on talking Gary. His mind seems closed, but if enough people read what you have to say, people (especially kids and innocent purchasers who don't know the dangers of an imperfect surgery) will be safer, and the snakes themselves will be better off not being butchered. I'm sure those who attempt the surgery kill a fair share of the snakes they are disfiguring and butchering, and and I feel bad for the snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!