NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 24 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #231
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
And the members of TRR are the ONLY ones on the net who are not groupies, I guess I finally figured it out.
That's not fair, Ian. Most of the posters to this thread are members of many forums. I see that most are paid members of this forum for instance. If you'll look over at my profile at BCF you'll find that I've had more posts over there than I show at TRR. This isn't about cliques and it isn't about condoning anything. It isn't about stealing pictures and it isn't about taking sides. All of that stuff is just a distraction from the real issue.

This is about an industry leader that unfortunatley made a very bad move here. Do they do this sort of thing all the time? They have a good name, one of the best in the industry, and yet they've set a really horrible example here. I personally have always liked the folks at NERD. I've always enjoyed Kara's posts, and I've never had any issues with them at all. If this is typical behaviour for them, my opinion will change drastically. So will a lot of other people's opinions change. That's what we're all waiting to hear. What the Hell were they thinking?

Kara, if you're reading this, please let us know where you guys really stand on this. If you think it's no big deal, then tell us so. This is America, you're entitled to do what you want - but there's a whole lot of former and future customers of yours out here that want to know who exactly they've been supporting all these years. Is that asking too much?

I'm probably not going to be all that popular at BCF now. That's unfortunate, because I think by and large theres a really good bunch of people over there. But I've never been one to back down from something I believe in just because it might make me unpopular.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #232
SPJ
One more question Ian since you seem to know so much about this spectacle.

Who was the underwriter for this day of lunacy?

I spend more on my liability insurance for presentations than I do for my house and new cars with full coverage and I don't display hots in public.

Wait, were they NOT insured for this? Surely they had a massive bond for the day or upped their existing coverage but wait, what insurance company is going to cover them when they purposely allow kids to touch cobras?

You premiums do NOT make a distinction between venemoids and fully hot snakes.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #233
Rockford
Hey folks:

Arguing with Ian would be like arguing with your neighbor's dog. It's impossible.
Anyone remember the Snakesnare?http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65471&page=11&pp=5

I am guilty of it but let's stay on track and find out what NERD is going to say or do.

bthacker

Old 07-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #234
Rockford
Captainslackass....What is BCF? Is that another forum?

Old 07-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #235
CaptainSlackass
BCF = Bob Clark's Forum.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #236
IanV
Quote:
That's not fair, Ian.
No, it's not. I am a member of many of the same forums as you, and I know you from the BCF and I have no problems with you in the least. I however was not the one that started throwing the names groupy around (well, maybe on this thread but not on TRR).

Quote:
Ian how can you still justify the crap they pulled?
I don't believe I have justified anything in this matter, and I have gone out and spoken against it, even though Kara is a great friend of mine.

I don't buy the regeneration talk, and I don't buy the talk that two large fangs will lead to more infection. A bite from a snake hurts, and you risk infection. Hell, I had a rat bite my thumb and that got infected and I ended up paying $600 dollars in medical bills and almost ended up in the hospital with a staph infection. Had I been as careless with a python bite, I would have had the same problem, possibly worse.
Quote:
Get over yourself and admit that no explanation can justify the reckless display that NERD put on.
I don't seem to be the one here that is mad that people don't do exactly what I want them to.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:50 PM   #237
CaptainSlackass
The folks at BCF and Nerd have always been pretty tight. I've never been to Nerd's forum, but I know that Kara is a very prominent member of BCF, and is very popular there.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #238
CaptainSlackass
Quote:
I don't buy the regeneration talk, and I don't buy the talk that two large fangs will lead to more infection.
If the surgery was a simple duct ligation, then YES they can regenerate. If the entire glands were removed I don't think they can regenerate. The fact is that these animals were supposedly rescues. Who knows who did the surgery... who knows how well it went, who knows if it was done in a garage or at a liscenced veterinary clinic. Actually, I'll bet that NERD knows, and I'd like to hear them make some kind of a statement about all of this. The whole problem with voids is that for something that is so potentially dangerous - there are NO established safety inspections, No protocols for how it is done, and in most cases it isn't even done legally. Unless you actually watched the procedure yourself, or have documentation from an actual veterinary clinic, guaranteeing the quality of the procedure - how can you trust these guys? Especially with children...

Old 07-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #239
Rebel Dragons
All the childish bull**** aside, why is this thread continuing on? It has been established that NO ONE here supports playing with voids, especially near crowds and children.

I know many of you could go on for 100 more pages beating this dead horse. And if thats what y'all plan on doing more power to ya.

NERD is not going to post a reply. If they had, it would have happen by now. And to be honest with y'all, why would they want too? No one wants to dive head first into a fire pit. And that is exactly what this thread has turned into. A bunch of troglodytes waiting for there victim to make an appearance.

It is apparent that many of you have had a grudge against NERD for quite some time. There are even a few names that can be seen on this thread for hours and hours at one time. Have a life??? Spending that time sharpening your pitchforks???

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon go BBQ or something, no need to sit here waiting for something that is never going to happen.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:16 PM   #240
IanV
Quote:
If the surgery was a simple duct ligation, then YES they can regenerate.
I thought the gland were always removed, I didn't know that sometimes they do a duct ligation. So I retract the statement that I don't buy the regeneration at all.
Quote:
how can you trust these guys? Especially with children...
I wouldn't trust ANY snake with children. Kids are naturally inquisitive, and want to touch anything, and do not realize that a snake could bite them faster than anyone can react.
It was a dangerous situation, lets be glad that no one got hurt. But any time children around snakes, it is a potentially dangerous situation.
Quote:
NERD is not going to post a reply. If they had, it would have happen by now. And to be honest with y'all, why would they want too? No one wants to dive head first into a fire pit. And that is exactly what this thread has turned into. A bunch of troglodytes waiting for there victim to make an appearance.
You don't have to worry about hurting our feeling, tell us how you really feel
I agree, no matter what NERD says it will not make certain people happy.
Very few are actually as concerned as they make it out to be, its just another reason to go on attack at NERD.
Quote:
It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon go BBQ or something,
Best thing I have heard on this thread so far. We are pulling the pig out of the imu in about an hour

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread