Home Chef & Blue Apron - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 09-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
JColt
Home Chef & Blue Apron

My wife and I started buying Home Chef and Blue Apron meals home delivery. We were eating poorly due to fact we just didn't want to hassle over proper meal so either made something quick which was usually high in fat and salt or delivery/pick up which was same.

Most Home Chef meals start at $9.95 and feeds both of us. Blue Apron starts at $8.99 Meals come with all ingredients that you normally might not stock in kitchen. In house things are cooking oil, salt, pepper etc.

This is awesome for single or couple. You probably wouldn't do this for family of 6 except every now and then.

All ingredients are packed individually and special sauces bottled.

Wife and I usually do at least 3 meals a week like this, sometimes more. If you follow directions it all tastes like food at a decent restaurant and mostly 10 to 20 min prep time. Clean up is easy also.

Menu changes weekly and if you don't care for anything you can skip

HomeChef menu

https://www.homechef.com/our-menu

Blue Apron Menu

https://www.blueapron.com/pages/sample-recipes

Old 09-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Insomniac101
Hey Joe, thanks for the info! It's just my hubby and I, and we're in a similar situation. When I cook for us, there's so much left over. I freeze some stuff, but other meals don't keep well. I like cooking, but we both work a lot, and weekends are spent taking care of the animals, errands, etc.

We had talked about meal services some years back, but dismissed it due to cost, and self-imposed stigma (have we really gotten to the point where we need this?!)

Anyway, it's worth checking into.

Kathy

Old 09-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
JColt
I forgot Kathleen! All the meat/chicken is top of the line. Chicken breast is size of chicken breast 20 years ago. They are not the size of turkey breast full of junk. I bring up chicken specifically. Chicken that is loaded with hormones I get bloated. This chicken from home chef or blue apron is very good. I like the fish meals also.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
Helenthereef
I'm well out of delivery range, but I was curious about this as a concept so I had a look around the website.

The good news is that you can download the recipes even if you aren't signed up to their service, so I might see how they hold up if I have to make a few local ingredient substitutions!

Old 09-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Looks like great services and I've heard good things about them. Wish I ate more types of food so I could try it out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!