Experience with KINGSNAKE Website - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #71
dsirkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Oh, so I guess you really didn't mean it when you said.....

"There is much to offer on fauna and if an effort was made by the people that participate here to help bring others here it would go a long way in my opinion to raise the level of participation that has been waning for various reasons."

You were just giving some good advice, right? That's nice....thanks so much. I'll just file that advice under G for garbage.
No I wasn't giving advice. I was giving an opinion. And when I choose to dance I also choose the tune.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #72
NorthernRegius.com
I don't get being intimidated by on-line forums... it a computer screen. But some folks treat it as equal to public speaking. No one can insult you without your own permission. No matter where you go you'll meet all kinds & you may not like all the folks... it's a wee-little thing called life. Most stuff you'd come across online is about as harmless as it gets.

This can be a good site & useful tool if it's used... just have to want the benefits of it bad enough to use it, is all.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #73
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Oh, so I guess you really didn't mean it when you said.....

"There is much to offer on fauna and if an effort was made by the people that participate here to help bring others here it would go a long way in my opinion to raise the level of participation that has been waning for various reasons."

You were just giving some good advice, right? That's nice....thanks so much. I'll just file that advice under G for garbage.
Why should he have to post any links when you just proved his point?

Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #74
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
I don't get being intimidated by on-line forums... it a computer screen. But some folks treat it as equal to public speaking. No one can insult you without your own permission. No matter where you go you'll meet all kinds & you may not like all the folks... it's a wee-little thing called life. Most stuff you'd come across online is about as harmless as it gets.

This can be a good site & useful tool if it's used... just have to want the benefits of it bad enough to use it, is all.
Deb,

From my perspective, some people just prefer not to have to deal with negativity, even on screen. It still gets in your mind and can affect how one feels about the whole fauna/KS/Internet/forum environment.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #75
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Why should he have to post any links when you just proved his point?
Oh boo hoo. I didn't say anything that could be remotely construed as "jumping him". You've been around long enough to have witnessed me jumping someone. I was asked to chill out and I have. Dale stated some things as a fact - comments he's seen about fauna with his own two eyes on other sites. I asked for those links to see it firsthand for myself and I was rejected. I don't have a problem with rejection - especially when I know its just a bunch of crap to begin with - people talking just to hear themselves talk. Never accepting the real challenge that to see a difference you have to make a difference.

Well...give me the links to those sites - to those who think people are laying in wait to jump them on fauna. I'll visit those sites and confront those folks and see if I can make a change in their opinion.

That's how you make a change. Everything else is just listening to peoples BS belly aching around here.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #76
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
Deb,

From my perspective, some people just prefer not to have to deal with negativity, even on screen. It still gets in your mind and can affect how one feels about the whole fauna/KS/Internet/forum environment.
Deb, I understand what you are saying. But it still is a choice. If they feel that it's best NOT to post, to lose a valuable tool for their business because they might encounter some negativity... then I guess they've stayed true to their priorities. For what is important to me, I refuse to let it stand in my way. IMHO life is about overcoming obstacles.

For me the perceived risk for posting here is a little thing- the benefit outweighs the "cost". Many of us have risked to make this hobby into something... how sad to let intimidation stop you. I respect the choice, but I don't get it.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #77
deborahbroadus
True Deb,

I totally agree. But when it involves human nature and how business runs..it's simple math that if enough people don't want to deal with negativity then the business doesn't prosper or stagnates instead of improving and growing. And the goal is actually how to make Fauna a viable competitor to KS? (as I see it)

So the choice that the "members that don't participate" make because they don't want to deal with negativity..actually does affect Fauna also. The members will find other avenues to accomplish what they want without having to deal with negativity.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #78
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
The members will find other avenues to accomplish what they want without having to deal with negativity.
I hope they do find things that work for them & I use other venues too... in addition to here.

I've met some very good breeders that have little to no on-line presence at all, but I wouldn't want to narrow my contacts that way. To each their own.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #79
WebSlave
Sorry gang, but this thread is going WAY off topic.

If you all wish to discuss the past, present, or future of FaunaClassifieds, then please note that there is a Feedback forum on this site which would be better used for this purpose. If you wish to discuss other sites, then please create a new thread about that site for that purpose.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #80
FunkyRes
Hi.
Twice I have bought a one month membership at KS.
Both times it resulted in selling what I had to sell, often when it had gone unsold through other venues.

I've not had advertisements pulled so I can not speak to that, but I do understand exactly why they do not want other breeders names mentioned in an advertisement.

They seem to make exceptions for established lines - such as "Abbott Okeekee" or "Lemke line Axanthic" but those are well established lines.

I don't agree with all their decisions on how they run that place but then again, I also do not agree with every decision Rich makes in how he runs this place. Differences of opinion are valuable.

Right now they are the defacto place to advertise if you want something sold, I do want to see other places increase in popularity but I do not want to see KS fail - I want several options to choose from when deciding where to list something.

Anyway - that's my two cents. It's fair to disagree with the TOS but if an add is pulled for a TOS violation, then it was fairly pulled.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!