Would someone be so kind as to identify - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
debcat76135
Would someone be so kind as to identify

Ok here's the thing. Took the little one to the zoo and ended up taking a bunch of photos in the reptile room. Now I can't remember what is what. I know the first to are some type of Rattler but which one?? Also what is the snake in the last photo... there was both a cobra and a mamba and I know I took photos of both but can't remember which one this guy is.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
Wilomn
I want to say the top one is a uracoan, I know that spelled wrong, rattlesnake but I'm not positive. The middle looks like an Eastern Diamond back and the bottom looks like a black momba.

Post the pics here: www.thereptileroom.org.

It's all hots all the time there. Those guys will know in a heartbeat.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:58 AM   #3
Kingetula
The first one is a Neotropical Rattlesnake

E. Diamondback

Black Mamba

What zoo did you visit?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #4
debcat76135
The were taken at the Alt zoo. Thanks for letting me know who was who LOL. I am really bad at remembering the species names. One day though I hope to know them like you guys do.

Just for fun here is the copperheads photo and the one I *think* was the cobra if the one from the first post is the mamba.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
ssshane
Surely the cobra

Old 09-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
goneherping
copperhead

the "copperhead" pic is actually a cottonmouth. Yep the 2nd one is a king cobra.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #7
Kingetula
Not a Cooperhead in the picture above the Cobra you just posted. That's a Water Moccasin AKA Cottonmouth.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
debcat76135
See LOL told you guys I could not remember who is who...but hey at least you get a good laugh right? Cottonmouth not copperhead! Got it now. LOL

Old 09-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
Kingetula
Quote:
Originally Posted by debcat76135
See LOL told you guys I could not remember who is who...but hey at least you get a good laugh right? Cottonmouth not copperhead! Got it now. LOL

It's ok, we all have been in the same boat as you at one time or another. If you really want to learn about them the internet is a great tool and one I wish I had when I first got started.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #10
debcat76135
I spend way to much time online now! Seeing as it is the only place I can indulge my interest in "hot" snakes with out my husband filing for divorce LOL. Sad thing is I have been lurking here for a long time now and for the life of me STILL can't keep the scientific names straight... heaven help me if I ever have to pronounce them. Like with the frist 2 photos I knew they were rattlesnakes but which species had me lost. There has got to be some trick to remembering this stuff...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!