Best stackable cage? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
zztrent
Best stackable cage?

I was looking at animal plastics, should i get the speciality cage, and add the UVB florescent light option? I don't get what the difference is between that and the normal florescent light fixture they have.
Do you know if they have a way for you to use it on the inside of the cage, or what the setup is?

Or are vision cages better? Animal plastic i think is 100 dollars more... Just wasn't sure which route to go. Or if there is another supplier I'm missing.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
mikepanzarella
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=299933
those are critter condos ive never used them but heard good things about them
i was considering them when i was looking for cages but i built my own (lucky to have a carpenter in the family)
a few people i know use boamaster but not the bearded set up

Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
august quion
Bearded dragon

Critter condos best bang for your buck IMO all my cages are critter condos all 30 of them some are going on 4-5 years old and no issues except a little caulking in some bottom corners lifting no biggie cut it out and re-caulk 10 minutes. Ones I bought have all light fixtures ready to go. Just pop your bulbs in plug in easy as that.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
zztrent
I did end up going with crittercondoz. Their is a supplier in chicago IL. He is driving out to deliver them once finished. Depending on how these 2 cages go, i might buy a bunch of smaller ones for the offspring.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
august quion
Yep the small ones are great too! 33"x16"x16" I use for holdbacks large juveniles-sub adults and 30"x12"x12" I use them for hatchlings.

Old 05-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by august quion View Post
Yep the small ones are great too! 33"x16"x16" I use for holdbacks large juveniles-sub adults and 30"x12"x12" I use them for hatchlings.
I was thinking about getting back into breeding bearded dragon. And buying some of these cages in bulk depending on how much i like these. So how many hatchlings do you keep in the 30x12z12?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #7
august quion
Critter condos

I start off with 10-12 in the small 30x12x12 at 4 weeks old they are down to 3-4 holdbacks in each small cage the rest are wholesaled off. They work good stacked as far as electric bill. I use a 40 watt on bottom cage and 25 on up and can even go lower watt in a warm room. When I was usings plastic bins I was using minimum 50 watt spot for each bin.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by august quion View Post
I start off with 10-12 in the small 30x12x12 at 4 weeks old they are down to 3-4 holdbacks in each small cage the rest are wholesaled off. They work good stacked as far as electric bill. I use a 40 watt on bottom cage and 25 on up and can even go lower watt in a warm room. When I was usings plastic bins I was using minimum 50 watt spot for each bin.
Thanks for the info, do you just feed them like 5 times a day to keep low on the nip tails?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
august quion
3 times a day I still get some nips IMO it all depends on the clutch some are nippers some are not. My friends at livingstons lizard lounge seem to have hardly ant nips in they're clutches and they use the small condos for the hatchlings imo well fed and thinning out the more aggressive and dominant eaters to smaller numbers per cage = less nips.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!