I met the love of my life here on the LH forum!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
dirty_harry
Talking I met the love of my life here on the LH forum!!!

I just wanted to give fair warning that if you can't stand the ramblings of a totally hopeless romantic, you should probably stop reading this thread, because that is pretty much what this is going to be...

I have been a member on Fauna for a good bit of time, but always more of a lurker rather than a poster, since a great majority of my time is spent as a moderator on other boards. Not to mention my animals, work and my band. I have never really had any problems finding someone to be with, however finding the RIGHT PERSON to be with is a whole other story. As I am sure a large predominance of you have run into at one time or another, its not necessarily a bad thing for your reputation to be known around town as the "guy with the really huge snake," but when people find out its not just a clever euphemism, they generally tend to walk away... quickly.

As such, I figured I may as well resign myself to the fate that I'd probably never really meet "the one" and the only way I’d ever get even remotely close would be by giving up my animals or perhaps just kidding myself and "settling."

Perhaps it was whimsical, a shot in the dark, but I figured that this forum would be as good as any other to try to see if I could meet someone, because "what is the worst that could happen?" Anyway Jessica (DoraDay on here) and myself started talking back and forth on PM's, and then email, and then finally on the phone. We decided to meet up one weekend, and I'll admit I was really nervous- and this is coming from someone who performs on stage! I got there, and I rang the doorbell, and when Jessica answered the door, the first thought in my head was, "Oh my god, she's freakin' gorgeous!" It just got better and better from there. She has all sorts of awesome animals, loves camping, loves animals, and we have so much in common, that it is borderline scary. I have to keep reminding myself that we met not that long ago, but it really feels like I have known her my whole life.

I was just talking to her not too long ago and I mentioned that I have always been a pretty happy person, but the happiness, warmth and love that I feel when I am with her makes all prior experiences in life seem depressing by comparison. Everything I do with her is just 100 times better. She makes me feel like I am on top of the world and totally complete.

It is almost like the feeling you would get if you had a 10,000 piece puzzle and you finished the whole thing except for 1 piece. You can see just about the whole picture, but it’s not the same. Let's say you frame the puzzle and leave it like that because you are really proud of all your work putting the 9,999 pieces together and it still looks really cool. Let's say that a few years pass, and then one day, BOOM! Staring at you, from underneath the refrigerator is that last piece, and you put it in the puzzle, and you are finally DONE. You can see the whole puzzle, the whole picture, and now it has a newfound beauty, completion and perfection that you never really knew it was missing.

Jessica is an absolutely awesome and wonderful person, in every single way perceivable and conceivable. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for making such a site possible, and Jessica for being such a wonderful person! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

P.S. Picture of us camping attached....
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
ms_terese
What a happy story! Good luck to you both with this relationship!

Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Lucille
I am so happy for you, and way happy that you found someone wonderful right here on the LH forum!!!! Congratulations!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:03 AM   #4
babyface
i dont know you .. but you seem like a wonderfull person and im really happy for you and jessica , Congratulations and i hope you spend the rest of ur life this happy like the way you seem you are right now !!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
dirty_harry
thanks everyone for the kind words, we really appreciate it... stay tuned for further updates!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
NiCoLe L RuSSeLL
that's such a nice story

Old 07-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
^_^ Awwwwwww

Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
ladyserpent7
thats such a beautiful story...you guys seem very happy...but wait,,we havent gotten a chance to hear from you jessica...so lets hear it...how did you feel when you first met Bob

Old 07-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #9
DoraDay
I’m amazed that people as wonderful as Bob exist.
I knew the moment he walked through my front door that he was someone special. Not only was he tall dark and handsome (with great lips, I might add), but my dog liked him. All my beasts took right to him like he’s been sneaking them treats for years. My amazon parrot even regurgitated her breakfast for him....which I guess is desirable if you are a bird looking for love.
We hit it off right away. I kept finding myself surprised to remember that I had only just met him. Although I’m usually slow to warm up to new people, I felt completely comfortable going out with him the next weekend. During our five day date, he stole my heart. Everything was just perfect. I love his animals (his albino retic is such a handsome boy) and his passion for nature. He made me fire, fed me large amounts of meat, went for a swim despite the rain, and makes a mean mojito. What more could a girl ask for? Just to top it off he baked me a red velvet cake with extra chocolate icing. I knew I wasn’t getting rid of him after that.
Bob is an amazing person who has given my life an entirely new meaning. He is the kindest and most thoughtful person I have ever met.

I’m surprised by how perfectly we compliment each other. Every moment is perfect and I look forward to everyday that I get to spend with him.

Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #10
dirty_harry
sadly, things did not quite work out, but we are still friends! C'est la vie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!