Axanthic experts needed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
SPJ
Axanthic experts needed

I know my pictures stink but in person this animal looks like an axanthic.
I have no history since it is an imported adult.
Any way to tell besides breeding it? Any specific markers to look for?
I would hate to take the signifigant amount of time to breed it to a normal, raise up the offspring, breed them back, and find out it was just an axanthic looking normal.
Are the existing axanthic lines compatible? I was wondering I bred this to a 100% het, I could cut the time down signifigantly to find out.

Any ideas? Is it worth trying it with a 100% het?

Old 09-26-2006, 02:13 AM   #2
darkbloodwyvern
I haven't seen an axanthic in person, but that looks like a few regular balls I've seen. Not that I'm an expert by any means, but it's sure pretty if it's just a normal...

Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
Bill & Amy
Hi Steve,

If I remember correctly none of the axanthic lines are compatible. I have a adult Joliff axanthic and it doesn't look like the snake you have there.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
HerpKeeperVA
Looks like a nice normal to me, but I'm no expert.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
LadyOhh
I saw a totally normal looking Axanthic in Anahiem with Debra and Diana at Camlon. I think you should ask them..

Old 09-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
darkbloodwyvern
axanthic

so they are usually just brown and black and white then? I have seen a few photos of grey or silver colored snakes, but I was never sure if it was the lighting... If anyone knows, you can pm me, i am interested in them, but haven't been able to see any nice ones yet...

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 AM   #7
LadyOhh
They get really brown when they get older, and I haven't seen enough older ones to be able to help distinguish between them. The babies are beautiful, and I guess with age they fade. Talk to people that have them, and see what they think...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!