Inquiry Nick Lillis – XtremVipereXotics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #21
Chris Kennard
Surely you can understand why people find it suspicious that someone who has been in business for 30 years is using his kids site to sell animals? You seem like a nice enough guy. And since the issue of accounts has been "resolved", relax, step back, and let Dad explain from his new account.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:59 PM   #22
nickolasanastasiou
The beard comment was not derisive or anything. It was meant to accompany identification concerns.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #23
Michael Brown
The only relevance your personal appearance had in my posting was to link this fauna account with the Facebook account I found. Nothing more. You stated you were a 52 year old man named nick lillis, and the only nick lillis I found was in his 20s and matched the appearance of the person posing. If you thought I was taking a shot at your appearance, it's far from the truth.

I saw red flags, wanted to share the red flags with the community, which is small. I know if I was extremely busy with work(which I normally am) I would have appreciated a simple BOI search that collected info on the person I had interest in dealing with. First impressions are important, but from your recent posts you sound like a nice enough guy. I do apologize if this has upset you, it was not my intent.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:08 PM   #24
Alexandersalamander
Thanks for starting this thread, I was actually about to start one myself, but then I saw this one!

Old 12-31-2016, 03:50 PM   #25
SofaKing
Hey Nick,

Do you have your permit for keeping varanus and pythons? Are you registered as a Reptile Rescue in New Jersey?

Old 12-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #26
Its_JoeyHello
Ive actually spoke with this seller via text message. Answers questions promptly and provides a wide array of photos! The animals do look great if anyone is concerned with them. TY to the op for getting to me quickly.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #27
XtremVipereXotics
thank you joey!

Old 12-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #28
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_JoeyHello View Post
Answers questions promptly
If that's the case, I'd think it would really jump out at readers that he/they have chosen to ignore some questions asked of him/them here in this thread. Being eager to answer questions that could directly result in sales really doesn't do anything to dispel those red flags some people are noticing. If it really makes no difference to you who you're actually dealing with, or whether certain other claims made are true, then good luck to you. Personally, I'm not yet seeing anything at all that would inspire confidence in the seller/s. I mean, even the claims made regarding the supposedly temporary caging used to photograph the animals seem to be utterly bogus. Whether his/their pants are on fire remains to be seen, but I think it's pretty hard to ignore the smoke coming from that direction.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:11 AM   #29
StarlightMeadowsFarm
Can you post a pic of your NJ permits? I'm sure anyone who's read this thread won't touch the animals you're offering, but proof that you have the proper paper work may help. This wouldn't be the first time someone has used an excuse similar to your's of "my daddy and I share an account," so I'm sure most people will be hesitant. Odd though I haven't heard of you, especially since I grew up and currently live about 20-30 minutes from Sparta and have been keeping for over 20yrs.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:07 AM   #30
SobekSerpents
This guys set off several red flags for me. He posted a "blue tegu" for sale at $650, then changed it to a Chaco tegu because he was caught misrepresenting the animal. Then he never responded to inquires about posting better pictures of the animal.

For all that boasted experience not being able to tell the difference between a blue or chaco tegu is absurd. Also...I very much doubt it was his "dad" posting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!