Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #121
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
I don't really know much about this "zonata" disease as this is my first experience dealing with it. Most of the experts have said it is pretty much fatal but I have read of one instance where a snake recovered. There seems to be so little known about this that even if a snake recovered the disease could just be dormant and maybe resurface later. I guess that's why some have suggested euthanizing them to prevent the risk of any future out break. So far though I just cant get myself to put them down.
I am so sorry this happened to you. Deciding whether to euthanize ill critters is a difficult decision.
We have a member here that put down her collection after they had been exposed to IBD. It was a sad (and expensive) decision and we all sorrowed with her because besides the expense, these were beloved critters.
I'm sure you have them well quarantined to decrease the risk to the rest of your collection while you decide. My heart goes out to you.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #122
StuTennyson
Thanks Lucille!

Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #123
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuTennyson View Post
If these pics come through then it will be proof that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! OMG! It worked! Thank you all who coached me through this and spent time with emails and instructions! Much appreciated!

How are you keeping these Stu? They look dried out...

Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #124
Christina Vincent
Being that they could live would make it a harder decision for me. Is it only a disease this species gets or is it contagious to pythons and boas also? I only ask because to put down animals is rough, maybe someone you know could let them live out their life (if no suffering is obvious) that doesn't own that species makin it a high risk? *I am not familar with the long term stages of the disease - just throwin it out there* Jerry needs to give you a refund and the snakes back to him! But should that not happen...I was only curious. I used to relocate pitbulls to new homes, even out of state sometimes to prevent them bein put down but do realize disease is way different just sad

Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #125
Desert Queen
That's a classic ZD symptom Tom, BTW.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #126
Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon View Post
As a side note, I feel like this thread is going to become exponentially more exciting when he responds. Lol.
Yeah, it did.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #127
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Queen View Post
That's a classic ZD symptom Tom, BTW.
You realize they go to a micro climate that has high humidity right? Just checkin' Leah.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #128
JerryKruse
Good morning all,

quite alot of ground to cover, so I will begin by saying that quite alot of effort has been put into bashing me pretty good. Actually, the more I read the less i wanted to return at all. And not out of shame, but out of very mixed emotions. This problem Stu and I have encountered went from zero to 60 REAL fast, and in the two decades that I have been involved with breeding herps I've never seen anything quite like it. This is going to be a rather long-winded, perhaps at-times meandering response, however there's much to be said as I do believe I have a right to justify what is being said that is accurate, and debunk what isn't as accuarate as some folks would like it to be (for whatever their reason/s). And despite some of the real wicked stuff some people have said, some that barely know me, I hold no grudges nor do I care to as life is too damn short. I'm not one to hang onto the past, drudge in it, save it for future use, and sling it as-needed -- which is pretty prevalent in most of the past posts since this BOI thing began. Suffice it to say, I've never been involved in this sort of thing. But it's here, it is what it is, and I welcome it so that perhaps some clarity can come of several things in order for everyone to move forward as I'm sure we all have better things to do.

Althought the only person I really need to be addressing is Stu, I will take a little time to address each one that has "contributed" on this thread. We all come into these forums all very different people, but nevertheless with our own faults, shortcomings, and perhaps checkered pasts -- indeed some of the very contributors in this thread have very checkered histories ranging from substance abuse/rehab issues, domestic violence issues, sexual offender issues, criminal convictions and so on. Unlike how most have come on here to do such a thing by calling me a "bully" and other condescending names laden with allegations of poor conduct, etc, I must say that by doing what you've done here brings you down VERY much to that SAME LEVEL.

First and foremost, my old acquaintance Mitch. WOW, quite the tremendous axe you have to grind there. For someone who is so busy w/ research, grading papers, waiting tables (assuming you still do as a side thing), studying, taking care of little Calvin, etc etc, you seem to find quite a bit of time to pay so much attention to me with chronicity whenever you have that opportunity to strike. That's pretty clear from the length you've gone in doing so, even as much as staying up at 3am. So, yes -- we began by my contacting you as I'd heard you were gifting research snakes away. We made contact, had conversations, and so on and so forth. All was pretty good, until you kept harping on how much you hate the fact that folks ask for money for baby zonata. Then it became a series of ribbing and verbalizations of "hey Jerry, I hope I don't ruin what you're trying to do by giving so many zonata away". It became almost like the frequent water-cooler joke, and after making some efforts in building a nice however modest collection which as we all know takes both time and monetary investment, I did feel a bit sleighted. Not to the point where I was angry or anything, but I suppose after hearing it half a dozen times i'd grown tired of it. We met, herped for a couple half-days, and back to NY i came. Great vacation with my young daughter. Not long after, I decided to poke back. Perhaps if it was SPOKEN over the phone, as we often did, it MAY have been received differently. But in writing, things can be misconstrued in many, many ways. I don't need to repeat things unnecessarily as you have generously given much of your time to clarify things via emails/texts from years ago (yes, people who save such things for years on-end clearly have an axe to grind). The very next day you flipped on me and viewed me in some other light that I didnt, at the moment, understand. I made MANY attempts at trying to contact you to clarify things, and you completely shut me down. Did that anger me? Absolutely, as you immediately -- without even hearing me out or having a reasonable talk together -- shunned me and categorized me in a very negative way. For whatever reason, you have never been able to understand this, and have never given me a chance to even talk about it. From that point on, naturally I developed ill feelings towards you. And I believe almost anyone would have felt similarly to what I did at the time. I might also add that not long after returning from my trip I had heard a crazy rumor through a very reputable person. Luckily I was in the company of another reputable person that was with me the first few days of my trip who was able to disspell the rumor. Where that rumor came from I'm not exactly sure, but I have a pretty good idea as I'd only told a very small handful of people about it. I never pursued it, I let it go. But naturally that added to my frustrations. Look Mitch, I dont expect you to understand at this point in time, as if you'd HAD given me that opportunity to talk it through with you maybe, just maybe, we wouldnt be where we are today. Not to be overly dramatic, but you drew "first blood" and things spiraled senselessly out of control. Since then, you've more-or-less "police"ed nearly every move I made and seem to enjoy jumping in on the increasing negativity & generously offer your position. OF COURSE you are going to say I'm "imagining it", but in looking back on this thread it's pretty clear that axe is still on the grinding stone. Anything that had to do with me and zonata you were there chiming in on the KS forum doing the same thing seemingly towards the same end. Mitch, I have never done anything initially to bring harm to you and you damn well know this. Save for speaking out in sheer anger over this ongoing and mounting craziness over many months, I've never tried to completely discredit you or work extra-hard to strive for that. You've developed a pretty obvious & intense disliking of me over the past 2 years, and I accept that. I'm just tired of the back and forth already. As for this "immacualte conception" you've coined in that coastal female laying eggs some time later, I can not change your way of "all or nothing" way of thinking. It happened. If you'd advised me at that time that I could have sent a shed skin of one of the babies I would have. However I was only offered the option of mutilating one of the babies by clipping scales or the tip of a tail, which I refused to do because I felt it was cruel. I learned about the option of sending a shed perhaps a year later from another source, and I offered up shed skins requesting a lab vial and you never responded. Once again not affording me the opportunity to clear up another issue gone awry. So in the end, you win Mitch. You can't be outdone (not that I tried to) and you're always right. If it isnt in a textbook and science doesnt allow a little more room for possibilities that havent been widely observed/experienced, then I guess it's not at all possible. Again, you win. I'm just tired of fighting with you Mitch as it's getting old. I'll always be passionate about mountain kingsnakes no matter what. Nothing entirely wrong with gifting snakes, and I've done it myself numerous times both in the past and plan to do so in the future. With that being said, I wish you well and would like to part company this time amicably with no more future animosity. Consider this an olive branch Mitch, as I'm just really tired of it all.

Paul Lynum.....I don't even know where to begin with you, but I will keep it mild because I am also tired of the back and forth. Despite the fact that you've sent me at least 4 personal emails egging me on to "come at you" and calling me derrogatory names, I will remain respectful and just shoot from the hip what I have to say. You were a very different person when I first met you. Talking about breeding hererrae and offering them up for like 3 or 4K each, selling Dave F. a trio of pulchra for a whopping 1,600, and telling ALL manner of herping stories as well as sharing some old photographs with me to help me with a local z presentation I did a few years back, talking about your personal struggles as well as some highlights including the birth of your first daughter and being "freer" than ever before -- yeah, it was good at first. Then you suddenly started going Martir crazy; downplaying everyone's by public display of negative/questioning commentary and flaunting how you'll hook everyone up with real deal Martirs. Now Paul, you come with quite a history of dishonesty -- ALL the oldtimers know this as fact. The combination of your sudden grandiosity, claiming to be the ONLY one with real-deal stock, and turning many people down (including myself) upon repeated requests for current photos of your breeders made for a very questionable reality. You'd say "ohhh the breeders are at a friends' home", or "I sent you enough pictures already, you don't need any more". Now, unlike you and Mitch, I have not saved such conversations because I didn't feel it was that important. I just began to accept that part of the "old Paul", as you'd said, just wasn't entirely gone. Then I begin to meet others, like Leah for example. Just a short couple years ago she hated your guts and had SOOOOO many bad things to say about you. And you know this. This was just a bad combination of things, possibly hearsay, but it still casted a shadow of doubt. Gradually you became increasingly irritating with debunking everyone's Martirs, and that's where I believe we had our major falling out. You jumped in and "police"ed my sale of a pair of Martir agalma to a fellow in Canada -- whether or not you contacted him or he contacted you, man you were all over it like a dog on a bone. To this day I'm not sure what is a true Martir or not, and I still think (from what you have shown me in the past) that there's not a tremendous difference to the really good-looking Martir snakes out there today with the narrower heads, lower triad counts, thinner body construct, sometimes-funky head patterns, and narrower/tighter triads. At one time you and Voss were super-tight buds, and at that time his stuff was good as per your report. Not long after your falling out with him, you had SO much negativity about him and then saying all his stuff is (your favorite word) "bogus". I'm not the only one that was put off about this change, and for a while myself and a couple others who have Martir snakes were quite confused with your stories. AT this point in time, it's immaterial and I (nor many others) feel there are any pure-bred Martirs in the hobby. I know you're going to disagree Paul, and that's fine. It is what it is. As things got progressively worse, the last straw was when you got involved between me and Dave F. (aka - snakesDJF). For the record, this trio of pulchra that Dave purchased from you for $1600 he had for some time and COULD NOT BREED THEM. So, one day I get correspondence from his asking if I want them and OFFERED THEM AS GIFTS stating he'd like a pair back sometime down the road. Very simple, neat deal. First year I had them, I bummed out. The 2nd year, I figured out how to breed them (the adults as the other female was way too small) and upon offering Dave his pick, he floundered back and forth and ultimately said since it was my first year breeding them I could have them and "maybe next year". The next year came and went, hatching all males save for a runt female that died in the egg (and is still in my freezer). Dave didnt want a male and we agreed for the next year. Well, we never made it to that next year because I returned the adult pair back to Dave. I retained the smaller female as she didn't eat as much as i wouldve liked after brumation, finally putting on some weight, bred, and retained two dud eggs which I massaged out. I have nursed her back to health and she remains here as a pet. However, last year Paul you got involved in all of this, egging Dave on (as per Dave's report to me) saying "oh man Jerry really screwed you. His reputation is shot and you shouldnt deal with him and you should just get those snakes back before you never see them again". You, Dave and I went back and forth and I didnt know who to believe. Given how you'd already been up my ass about all this Martir stuff, I figured it was probably true as Dave, Leah, and several others who I wont mention started saying that you were saying some pretty harsh stuff about me. Be it as it may, I shut you out completely. Since then, all you've done is the same thing; reappear time and time again in anything that involves me and zonata. Now if Dave has the cojones to come on here and state the truth that I know we had, then Dave please do so. But given the emails he allegedly has shared with you and Mitch, I'm not quite sure just what to believe anymore. But I will say one thing -- Dave has been invited to my home many, many times. He has also spent time w/ my family and, well at least I thought, we were good friends. I most certainly did NOT steal his snakes, they were a gift to me because he was unsuccessful at breeding them. Dave has also postulated that you were possibly instigating an argument between us because you perhaps wanted these animals back for yourself as you "got them" many years ago and were in your possession initially. Again, I'm being nice here. Please begin to show that same courtesy. Again, I am tired of the back and forth. Oh, and as for the cheescake thing....glad you're weilding that like a sword too. However, whether someone has sold me, gifted me, or just was plain friendly with me I would always try to go the extra step and offer a little of what NY is well-known to offer from a culinary perspective. Nothing wrong with that. But instead of seeing it as an act of sheer kindness, you (behaving much like a bully yourself) tend to find any little thing to tease or discredit someone, usually with negative intent. You also have quite the long list of disliking followers yourself, however many are oldtimes that we don't see too often as they were more prevalent in the days of mailing out pricelists (Glen Fankhauser, Matt Smith, and many more). But I'm not going to harp on that, as it's immaterial and serves no purpose to this thread. I wish you too could have demonstrated that kind of restraint here, but your axe always has to be bigger than anyone else's.

Allan Bartlett -- hell, I barely know you....save for several agalma that I paid very high prices on some years ago of which a couple almost died on me for never having fed as you'd guaranteed. Having not had any experience, a couple of those 600 or 700 Juarez snakes surely would have died. Do I have proof? No. But it really doesnt matter does it. What upset YOU Allan was when I bumped you from Facebook.....not meaning to be mean, but all you post about is politics in the OC. We hardly ever spoke at all, so I thinned the herd a bit. Not more than a coiuple days after you shot me a snied email stating "thanks for unfriending me Jerry. Whatever. Have a nice life". Then you contacted me months later all bent outta shape because I had a couple of agalma you'd sold to Shannon. You openly accused him of buying snakes for me, and you were especially pissed because you sold him a male agalma for 1K (funny how you can get away with charging bookoo bucks for zonata) that was quite special. And yes, he is indeed a gorgeous snake. But you jumped down my throat and "police"ed me too! What business it is of your what transactions I made with Shannon?!? Just like Mitch told me a while back that it's none of my business what you all do with your snakes, well I hold the same mentality as do you all. But whose following who?
Lastly Allen, I admit I did get a bit provocative with you at one point; you were both walking around the Anaheim shows with your backpack hoofing agalma without having purchased any tables offering up "hypo Juarez agalma" there AND in the KS classifieds for a VERY VERY expensive price. I called you out, but I did so PRIVATELY, in telling you how crazy that was for offering them as hypos when they are nothing more than incubation temperature-manipulated for a reduction in melanin. Mitch taught you that trick some years ago to "pretty up" your snakes, which inevitably you have used very well to your advantage. I know that really bothered you, especially after having unfriended you from FB and subsequently having a snake that you sold Shannon becoming mine (at first temporarily, but then permanently due to Shannon having his own share of personal problems....so, he offered them to me first. Nothing wrong with that except that it hurt you in some way that I don't understand). Then you recently go and blast me on your blog site......okay Allan, considering I've not done anything quite like that to you, nor have ever done anything to really hamr you, it appears you have an axe to grind too. Sure, go ahead and say it's my imagination. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for defriending you on FB. I just don't dig politics much and it became, well, kinda dry. Hope you can set all the rumors and feelings aside man -- wasnt mean to be malicious in any way. Yet you are involved very very much so in this witch hunt. Wow. Is it really my imagination? Seems like it's more you becoming a leaf that sprouted from a real bad seed that started early on in my response Allan. Either way, I hold no grudge and wish you no harm....just want the stupidity to stop.

Leah Aldridge.....ohhh yes, the girl with the broken toe several times over. How do i know? Leah would send me random pictures of funny things over the course of a couple years including the times she'd whack the same toe, watch it swell and turn all kinds of purple, take a pic of it and send it to me. Yeah, we laughed about alot. We had out little spats too, especially when I'd tease her about the weekly "Wanted: Zonata All Locales" postings. But we always made up one way or another and moved on. She'd tell me just how she despised Paul and said all manner of negative things about him, his lifestyle, and his dishonest past. I didnt make this all up, a good portion of it came from Leah. And then she would tell me how badly she wanted to disprove Paul's "first find" of a Nevada rosy and how she had emails from someone who knew Paul that wanted to come out and call paul out on it. Oh I listened to it all, up to an including how she blamed Paul for getting her booted off Facebook.....she explained what malice still came from Paul even after almost TEN YEARS of not speaking to each other. Can I prove this? No. But it was shared and more than once. I thank you Leah for saying SOMETHING decent about me, well, at least the critters you got from me. I'm glad they are well. Our major falling out happened with the combination of Paul, out of nowhere, warming up to you and suddenly offering baby herrerae to you. In this, you'd sent me a couple photos of these herrerae with the encription on the photo "these are not property of Jerry Kruse" (will get to matter this later on). That upset me and I confronted you. It was all downhill after that. You've become best buds with Paul over higher end zonata and, well, I'm happy for you and your toes. Treat them all well. Again, as with everyone, no more he-said-she-said bickering and one-upping each other. As with others, I have never done anything outright to hurt you and you know this Leah. You, too, went ahead and grew from that aforementioned bad-seed situation and have come to dislike me. I also hold no animocity and just want to part amicably, simple as that.

Joe Purdum, wow. We went from being extremely cool with each other to this. Also never having hurt or wronged you in any way. And also having gotten some critters from me. They look great and I hope they continue to do well for you. And yes, I did try to reach out to you basically in disbelief how you just distanced yourself after becoming more familiar with Mitch. After a few months I tried contacting you, several times, and to no avail. Guess thats in my mind too. Although we never got together to snake hunt as we'd talked about, I did enjoy our conversations. I wish you, your wife, and your terrific daughter all the best.

BobbyO -- where the hell did YOU come from? I think I remember you from what WP shows a few years ago. How? Well, in the last 7 years I only did two or three shows and I remember faces very well. You seem to remember my table display......red table cloth, acrylic displays, and yes a screen to demonstrate some variety of zonata. Seems you don't recall how much time I had taken, from old to young, allowing them to hold snakes and ask a multitude of questions for practically the entire show. Why? No one sees zonata these days. As per your complaint of not having anything for sale Bob, well, lets take a good look at this: the shows I did were in the fall. Zonata typically hatch mid-to-end of August, maybe early September. Well, would you have preferred I put out some babies that were fresh-hatched or, later in the fall, babies that were eating only lizard-scented? NO, of course not. Why? Because zonata are notoriously tough to get feeding on unscented pinks. And I would never sell something that hasnt eaten voluntarily numerous times on unscented before it goes up for sale unless someone has the experience to take the animal out-of-egg in which i have only done 3 times in the past few years. So what do you have to complain about? Is is requiring a deposit? Is that whats bothering you so much? Well, I tell everyone that a deposit is NOT required, however I simply can not guarantee "pick babies" if it's a first-come, first-served type arrangement. You want the better babies and have them guaranteed yours? a deposit is recommended. You want to take the gamble and hopefully be the first contact me ahead of others? Thats fine too Bob. So whats the issue here with me? I definitely didnt do anything to harm YOU, sir. SO why are you so dead set to join in on all of this? Seems like the "bully bug" has bitten you too -- glad it's not just me. But again, no hard feelings and I wish you well.

As for the "using of others' snakes to push them off as my own".....well, that was one of the several mistakes I made along with that bad-seed beginning mentioned above. In this case I was trying to assist someone who was a new friend in selling some of his babies by posting photos of some of his adults on the KS forum. Never did I say they were MINE, but simply stated "babies will be available later this year" and left it at that. WELL, everyone came out of the woodwork again. The gentleman I was doing this for was in full agreement that I'd help him sell some babies in any way I thought to be creative -- this was not done behind his back or maliciously. But of course, I was accused of pushing off snakes as if they were mine. Well damn, I apoligized for not presenting it as "some" would have liked it to be. Moreover, west coast z folk bombarded this old friend of mine with calls, Mitch included, ripping him apart for even dealing with him and explicitly told him DO NOT sell or gift him any babies of those animals that were given to him. Once again, axed. But thats not supposed to bother me. This guy has since distanced himself from me because of this situation. I've tried reaching out to him on several occasions but to no avail. Hopefully that will reverse itself however I doubt it with all the drama that has transpired since that time. If he's reading this, well, he too has spent time with my family and we've herped together on a number of occasions.

The bottom line is that everyone is going to believe what they want. Much of what is being said is a partial story, and quite frankly, by many MY side of the story has not been heard presumably until now. Or, just like the game "telephone", bit and pieces become misconstrued. Sure I have made some mistakes, like the Oregon zonata bit. I have explained that several times over already, but the axe grinders will persevere to use anything to serve their purpose. If I wasn't so important to you, then look the other way as I was told some time ago when I discussed what others do with their animals. I didnt have to respond to any of this as it has nothing to do with my situation with Stu. I may have delays with respect to my time due to numerous responsibilities and, honestly, have been under some duress since last fall since my mother was diagnosed with cancer which I have only shared with a very few. Well now you know, and I'm sure few, if any, really care given what i've read in previous postings. I'm not trying to sway anyone or deflecting anything here, & I could care less if you believe me or not. I know what my painful realities are, and if i've come across as a little cranky in the past well then I apologize. Some revere me as their best friend, some see me as their bitter enemy. One thing I know is that I've never initially tried to cause harm to anyone, and in some retaliations I acknowledge that I've been somewhat crass. But we have ALL played a role in it, so please stop painting this picture of it just being me.
Stu thought I was ignoring him...well, not true at all. Things happened very quickly & I was beside myself when I heard this news. The animals I have here, or should I say half of the animals I now have in preparation for a serious life change to potentially provide greater care to my mother, are in pristine condition. I hatched out these Sierras around mid-August and from day ONE they have been nothing short of PERFECT in every way. EVERY way. Adn were kept in conditions that I have been keeping zonata in for many years which is an ambient temperature of about 66-70F, misted daily near the moss cup, about half-inch of Aspen bedding, very low deli cup almost filled with very moist sphagnum moss, and are in no way placed on heat tape/cable until they are a year or more old. Each hatchling is treated exactly the same way. I promised Stu these things would be perfect in every way, feeding voluntarily. I had posted updated photos of their progress on KS as well as keeping Stu informed EVERY step of the way. Stu's animals were ready to go and by December 6th were shipped to him overnight. I understand that they were a bit cold upon arrival, but I know that we agreed on to ship during a stretch of fair weather considering it's been a pretty calm winter without harsh cold. AGAIN, these animals were in PERFECT condition in every way. All is well, snakes feeding and acclimating well, until 2 weeks later. Stu contacted me on 12/20/11 stating something is wrong with one animal appearing to have dimples on the scales and went into a shed. We agreed to see what happens and asked him to keep me posted. Stu advised that the babies, along with another 80+ hatchlings, were kept in containers where the cool end was about 72F and the other end reaching as much as 82F. He said he had misted the box "when the snakes were in the blue". That, to me, sounds a bit too warm and given the humidity-deficient air Texas in known for and the bit more sensitive zonata tend to be, my thinking was that these animals were just too dry. Again, we agreed to see what transpires. I went away for the holidays on 12/25/11 for 9 days. It wasnt until later on, about 1/16/12, that we resumed communication by my initiation wishing Stu a happy new year, inquiring about the snakes. We began considering what couldve caused this dry-looking skin issue. We continued to agree to see if it gets better. At that point my cellular phone service was down which, if I recall correctly, resumed on or about 2/5/12. During this time, Stu had sent me a text which I'd never received (on 1/26/12) and I commenced communication on 2/6/12 when I'd seen that Stu went onto the KS forum about the matter. Automatically the whole mentality changed from being calm and working it through to Stu wanting a full refund. From that point things got worse. I was advised that the snakes continued to feed and behave normally, but has this dry skin issue. I know as much about "zonata disease" as much as anyone here, more or less, and I know the signs and symptoms. Dry skin is ONE SYMPTOM, so I wasn't too concerned because I remember feeling a bit uncomfortable with the temps he was maintaining them at, however I didnt pursue the temperture thing early on as I'd been a little "pushy" upon sending the animals reminding him what to do, their delicateness, etc, and him assuring me that he knows what to do and that he's bred many alterna for 40 years, etc etc. So, I didnt persist and let him do what he feels he knows best.

So here's my stance -- my collection is in perfect health and I have never, ever seen anything remotely like this (exceopt many years ago w/ a dehydrated pine snake that went through multiple shed before being rehabilitated). I had these babies for FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS, had reared them, and sent them in absolutely perfect condition. The snakes were subject to perhaps several vital changes over a 2 week period that may just not have yielded favorable conditions (too warm? too dry? I don't know and will never know, but I do know he was keeping them much different than I was in terms of temperature and humidity). The other babies went to a gentleman in Maryland who has reported NO such symptoms whatsoever and may very well chime in here eventually to prove that. In addition, I have a remaining clutchmate here with me that is doing very well and in perfect health....ONLY Stu's animals had this happen. Of course I slammed on the brakes and wanted to slow things down a bit and try to work it through......the combination of that shocker as well as my recent family matter and other numerous things prevented me from contacting Stu daily. I shared with Stu how I felt, and tensions grew as he felt impulsive to just give up on the snamils and epect me to take FULL responsibility on animals I reared and had for 4.5 months that were in perfect condition upon shipment. I do not feel I was "abusive" towards Stu nor did I threten him in any way. I may have been a bit sarcastic, but that was out of mounting frustration in how Stu spoke back to me after my initial email explaining how I felt, telling me that I should "learn my lesson"......learn my lesson for what?? Perhaps his military mind felt that using strong words to express feelings were directed at him? I don't know, and if you took it that way Stu, well, it wasn't directed at you. I'm simply trying to work this through as I was just as upset as you, but wanted to take this calmly and not be impulsive. Again, they were in YOUR care for TWO weeks and perhaps the conditions were NOT favorable and just too arid. Perhaps something else created undue duress for them? We don't know. We are seeing a SYMPTOM, but is it "zonata disease" Or is it something else? I don't have it here, my customer doesnt have it........so why am I the bad guy? Because I didn't react immediately and say 'how high?" when Stu said "jump"...? Additionally, I was able to retrieve that missing text from 1/26/12 after Stu refused to send it to me....I was asking because I wanted to get the full story as to what he'd said he sent to me that seemed to be an important piece as to his anxiety. The text from 1/26 that I retrieved simply stated towards the end "Whatever it is I've never seen anything quite like it and the fact that they are all feeding well and shedding I think tells me they are on the mend." This is what I am left with, and furhter confounded as to why Stu went crazy on me so quickly. I was in communication, I did NOT ignore him, I apologize for my telephone being down for a short period but at least I asked for that text in order to better understand what ws being told to me, and have and am STILL offering to have the animals sent back to me overnight so I can work with them. It has been stated a number of times already that we don't know definitively what it is!!! Again, it is a symptom but a symptom of what. What if it is an issue of being kept too dry? Automatically they get the "zonata disease" label slapped on -- but what if it's somethign else. Like Joe P. said on the KS forum to Rick....."walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, PROBABLY a duck".........probably. But what IF it's not, like Mike Collalto said and several others that have remained voiceless all along this but have been watching it throughout. Too many speculations, too many wanting me to swallow it all mostly out of personal dislike. I'm asking to, again, slwo the clock down and allow me to work this through. If anything, I am putting what i have left at great risk in order to see this through. I'm also asking for Stu's patience and to try and trust me in this.

I know Stu has stated he isn't willing to ship the snakes and is being advised by the BOI crew to not do that either. But Stu, have them shipped as late as possible......I can receive them first delivery in the morning......we're talking about a few hours en route to me. I will accept FULL responsibility for whatever happens.

I have spent 3 hours writing this now, and I must stop because I simply can not spend any more time on this given what i have on my plate. I aks that there please be no more bashing of my integrity or professionalismm or my incredible NY cheesecake. Just allow Stu and I to continue to work this through, which I would prefer being done privately. Having said that, I'm planning on calling you tonight Stu to calmly talk together and come to some rational agreement. I won't be visitjg back here for a while, save for later on to see who chomping at the bit to continue with any negativity. I've said my piece with all involved, at least I think I captured everyone, and I would really appreciate things to finally come to a rest. Going forward, if anyone chooses to interact and have any exchanges with me, please do consider. That includes the above-mentioned persons as well. Life is too short, and I am seeing that especially now given this "other" situation I've been given to handle. I'm willing to bury these axes once and for all and start anew, whether you think I'm wrong or not. All the best.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #129
Neon
I didn't read all of that because the first two sentences showed exactly how little accountability you were going to take. That being said, I feel like you really just tried to turn all your "bashers" against each other right away to take the stress/tension off the REAL issue at hand.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #130
Desert Queen
Of course. Did you read the beginning of this thread Tom? All that has been covered already. Thanks. : )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!