Lulu's 2nd litter! Updated photos. :) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Tenor Goddess
Lulu's 2nd litter! Updated photos. :)

So in litter #1, all of the babies exhibited some form of pattern aberrancy, which resulted in the appearance of the black coloration being smooshed to the sides so it looked like a wide white stripe was forming on their backs. Here are the video links for those babies (CUTE warning...I say it at least 8 times. lol My bad, I get all girlie around wee baby sand boas).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQjDf...k790Q&index=25
Video 1 - just back in town (these kids were born while I was in TX for Christmas - born 12/16/11. Behold my lovely cold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62nPZ...k790Q&index=24
Video 2 - looking more closely at their "striping"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtn7a...k790Q&index=21
Video 3 - recounting the litter size and patterns. This was the kiddo that I had my man put in the freezer after it died so I could inspect it later. Pulled him/her out to get the video. So sad, such a beauty!

Sadly, none of her first litter ever ate on their own and never pooped from the assist feeding I did. That leads me to believe digestively, they weren't done baking. :/ They were born over a month early and that's a huge time chunk for developing baby boas.

Fast forward to the 2nd litter (born 12/7/13). I weighed them all today and everyone was between 10-11 grams (just hit 2 months old as of yesterday).
All have been fantastic feeders and are super calm, laid back and sweet.

Bare with me on the photos..there's a lot.
These are the best photos and still some came out blurry. lol Nothing like getting setup then they bolt before you click the button.

ID#NL1 - male

ID#NL2 - female

Face shot of NL2

ID# NL3 - male (poss female...2nd guessing on this kid)

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Tenor Goddess
More photos!

ID#NL4 - female
This kid shows the best example of the "aberrant/striped" pattern thing from Lulu's first litter.

She dangles all relaxed in my hands just like her father.

Black belly scales

ID#NL5 - female
A close 2nd on the patterning. Also has some nice black scales on the belly (I'll double check later, but I don't think any of the other babies have them). I was told this is not uncommon but I think it's cute.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Tenor Goddess
and more photos.... ;D

ID#NL6 - male. I dub thee Noodle Jr. Acts just as relaxed and awesome as his father. Love his bright and crisp coloration too.

sumpthin stuck on yer face

ID#NL7 - male. I love this kid's amount of black peppering on the sides. Sprinkles!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81682556_n.jpg

And last but not least, Lulu with her newest litter (one was hiding under her in this photo). She has only a smidge of this "wide stripe" look at the top of her neck and a nice chain portion further down.

I have no idea if this is a passable trait. But I hope it is. Only more breedings will tell. For now, I have 7 fat, healthy little noodle angels and looking forward to seeing what comes up next. ;D
The next plan for this particular project, would be breeding the nicest looking son back to Lulu and breeding sibs together to see what's up.

A side note: The father "Noodle" has bred another anery female too. NONE of her babies came out with this weird pattern. So I'm curious if Lulu is solely responsible for it, or if on some weird chance, she and Noodle are carrying a recessive trait...I won't call it that or a morph or anything, until I'm sure period that this is even a passable trait.
For now, it's just a fun project and I've got a small load of funkalicious sweetie pies to play with. ;D

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!