got my horned frog - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Kalie
Talking got my horned frog

So I went ahead and got my horned frog yesterday
He (?) is an absolute cutie!!

So if anybody can tell me a little more about for instance humidity, that would be nice. If seen 65 to 75 %, I've seen 80%, but most just say "high humidity" without much more.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
danthebugman
Horn frogs are cute, been toying with the idea of getting one myself. Like I need another animal . From what research I have done they seem to be fairly tolerant creatures. 60-75% sounds okay for humidity, I personally feel like 75-85% is a good range. As long as the frog has a water area that it can soak in, it should be fine. Also using a moistened mossy type substrate will help keep humidity up if you find you're having problems. As far as feeding goes, in nature these guys are ambush predators. They sit in one spot for days waiting for something tasty to come by and WHAM! So in captivity when you're feeding them daily they can have issues with obesity. After all they're eating at a buffet and not expending much energy. So either feed a few items daily or feed more/bigger items every 2-3 days. And don't forget to dust . Hope that helps you some, enjoy that cutie.

Dan

Old 07-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Kalie
Thanks for your answer Dan! I do have a water area, but he never seems to go in it.
I feed every 2 days now, I will probably take that down a bit when he grows.
Until now, he seems to do fine, and he is SO CUTE !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!