Bad Guy Kyle Hiner--sold me a disfigured Leachie - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #61
dinodaddy
update

Nice to see you on here Ingo! But I'm sad to say, "Littlefoot" passed away last week. She had gained 40+g, and was looking like she might somewhat grow out of some of the visible deformities...but what I couldn't see, was on the inside, her windpipe was even more distorted. The necropsy revealed that her windpipe had an almost 90 degree bend in it--with what looked like layers of scar tissue. "Littlefoot" asphyxiated on her deformed windpipe. I am still sick to my stomach about this whole thing.

For the record; since this is "case closed"--Kyle Hiner never refunded me a penny, or apologized, or even admitted that he could have possibly made a mistake...

Old 03-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #62
luvatfirstrosy
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your leachie. Whether there were problems with her health or not when she came to you it's always sad when pet dies. She pretty even inspite of her deformities. At least she's not suffering anymore. I'm sorry for your loss and equally sorry that you aren't able to get closure from the seller. It would nice if everyone in the world was willing to just own up to mistakes and work together but the people who do are few and far between. Glad to know that you're one of the good guys who cares about your animals.

Luvatfirstrosy Emily Johnson

Old 03-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #63
dinodaddy
Thank you for that, Emily. I have raised up 36 leachies in total now, and it was obvious that this poor animal had severe MBD (post secondary hyperparathyroidism) the second I opened the box...and it wouldn't have taken a trained eye to notice that...

Old 03-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #64
kristy<3sgeckos
i just read through this and it made me sick brian i am so sorry this happened to you! i know you love all your animals and it definatley showed when i bought my baby leachie from you back in november. you just have to believe in karma. at least the poor little girl isnt suffering anymore

Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #65
dinodaddy
Thanks Kristy, funny thing is, is I was just thinking about you, you are the last person I sold one of my babies to..wondering how the little one is doing? Thanks for your kind words...I lost my job a few days after Littlefoot passed...not been the best of times for me for sure

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #66
fuzzylogix
aw man that sucks. sorry for both of your losses. at least you have him a good home and cared for him properly.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #67
dinodaddy
Both of our losses?!? Kyle got paid $300 for a very sick animal, and then accused me of trying to pull a fast one on him. He never refunded a penny, nor admitted that he may have made a mistake. The only thing he lost was his integrity, and in my opinion, integrity is worth ALOT more than $300...

The real "loser" here is the amazing gecko that died a horrible and unnatural death.

Brian Grussing

Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #68
garweft
I think they were saying both of your losses as in your job and your gecko.

Hopefully things turn around quick on the job front.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #69
Jaybee
I don't want to assume but I think Shawn meant the loss of the leachie and the loss of your job. At least that is how I read it.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #70
kristy<3sgeckos
i pm'd u brian

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!