Info Devin (Andy) Mccoy heavyburnin@yahoo.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Designer Ball Pythons
Devin (Andy) Mccoy heavyburnin@yahoo.com

Just a little info for all to see.
This morning I replied to an ad posted by Devin Mccoy for a 700g female Ivory ball python. I sent an email directly to him and he replied a few hours later that she was still available, and guaranteed her health for 7 days. I immediately sent my reply back that I would take her. He then replied with his paypal address and a phone number in which to call him. I called and spoke to Andy and we agreed upon a time when to ship (which was going to be the 25th of April.) I sent over a paypal payment while we were still talking on the phone and he verified that he received it. Low and behold a few hours pass and he sends me an email saying that his brother did not receive payment and is deciding to keep the animal. So I'm not really sure who is posting the ads for who and who actually owns this animal. I immediately contacted paypal and my credit card company and cancelled the payment. I would urge anyone doing business with this person/persons to be careful.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Limey
I also responded to the post for the ivory female. 700g for $650 shipped.. too good a deal.. yup!
The seller called me and said he would send his fathers PayPal info in an email. When received I noticed the PayPal email address was a friends account Brian from Wildside in GA. I asked the seller if Brian was his father, he replied saying no, but he knew who Brian was. I called Brian and informed his of the situation. I called the seller to ask what going on and all of a sudden my cell phone was breaking up??
I have *just* spoken to Brian from Wildside after forwarding him the email between myself and the seller. He informed me that a “customer” in FL had ordered a female bumble bee and that his father in NC was going to pay for it via PayPal. Brian said after checking the email address we were both emailing the same person.
So it seems that the seller was looking for me to send payment for the ivory female to Brian and for Brian to think I was his father so he would be shipped the female bumble bee.
I call a scammer that has been caught.
Emails between “seller” and myself below.

Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 12:54:00 PM
Subject: RE: Ivory female

noo but i know who you are talking about my father is brian an owns wildside exotic pets and Food here in tampa florida

Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 9:51:00 AM
Subject: RE: Ivory female

Devin,
Is your father Brian from Wildside out of GA?

Limey

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:18 PM
To: limey@royalreptilia.com
Subject: Re: Ivory female

paypal info is my fathers and is brian@wildsidepet.com contact me after payment is send at 1 941 615 7365

Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 5:31:02 AM
Subject: Ivory female

Hi Devin,
Is she a rat feeder?.. If so let me know and I can have the $ to you today. How simple was that 

Limey
www.royalreptilia.com
More Fun Now!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Limey
I forgot to mention I contacted the 2 other people that had posted replies as this just seemed off.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
wildsideexotic
To back up limey's post. This is the info I received for the shipment of the bumble bee.

Kevin Burns
heavyburnin@yahoo.com
1865 Dolphin Dr.
Belleair Bluffs, Fl. 33770
727-460-3341

After further investigation I found out that the address was an empty house for sale on Zillow.com for 121,000. I just got of the phone with the costumer (Kevin-Devon) and asked him to verify the email address witch the payment was sent from, I asked him if his father's email was limey@royalreptilia.com and he said "I think so" so I told him that I knew limey very well and I knew he wasn't his dad, and I knew he was trying to sell him a bogus Ivory Ball. I asked him if the address he gave me was an empty house in his neighborhood and he replied "does it matter" I told him yes because he was running a scam at that time he told me "Sir you have a good night" and hung the phone up on me.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #5
ophidile
D'ya suppose this sort of thing is worth filing a police report on? Just so it's on the record?

I guess a crime wasn't actually committed but it seems a pretty well-planned-out con. Good things folk talk to each other!

Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
hhmoore
That ad reeked of scam right from the start....but there was no solid way to confirm it (and I couldn't find the pics ). Glad nobody lost anything.
The username is AnD Exotics, just for the record.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #7
Designer Ball Pythons
Here is my total email conversation with this person as well from newest to oldest...this was his last response last night.

i did not recieve payment ... i would cancel payment cause i did not recieve Thanks have a good day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: heavyburnin@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 5:12:17 PM
Subject: Re: ivory girl

i sent you payment while we were on the phone

-----Original Message-----
To: Rob Starzman <speedaddict929@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 12, 2011 7:12 pm

heyy robb my brother has not recieved payment and has decided hes gonna keep her

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Devin Mccoy <heavyburnin@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 10:40:58 AM

I'll take her. Give you paypal address and I'll get you paid ASAP

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 12, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Devin Mccoy <heavyburnin@yahoo.com> wrote:

yes she is still avaliable and she is 100 percent gurranted to be healhty for up to 7 days Thanks

To: Heavyburnin@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 1:35:19 AM
Subject: ivory girl

I'll take her if she is still available and doesn't have any health issues. Let me know-Thanks- Rob

Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
Focal
As soon as I saw his pics, I started searching google images LOL. Of all the hobbies I have had in my life, I would have never guessed so many scammers in reptiles!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!