Do Rosy Boa Localities Affect Temperament/Size? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
velvetlopez
Do Rosy Boa Localities Affect Temperament/Size?

I've been doing some reading on rosies since I'd like to get one once I have a few more months of corn snake care under my belt. I'd like a small, docile boa that doesn't go off the feed as much as a BP, and the rosy seems to fit the bill.

Do the localities have a direct effect on the temperament and size of a rosie? For instance, I've heard that San Felipes tend to be smaller than the others, and another locality(maybe coastal?) tends to be slightly more aggressive than the others. Is this accurate? What, other than color, is affected by locality?

I really like how the Harquahala looks, so I'd be going with that one if all localities were created equal. Also, if you guys have any resources on locality information other than localityrosys.com, that'd be appreciated!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
Brandy Pecanic
Rosy's are really fun! Enjoy.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
SApythons
I used to keep a few different rosy localities (Mexican, Arizona, San Felipe, and Anza Borrego). All were docile except the Anza Borrego, who would bite me everytime I picked her up. I don't think I kept enough numbers though to say that my experience was representative of the localities, or if that particular snake was just nippy They are a fun little snake to work with. There are others here with much more experience

Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
Charis
I've often heard Mexican rosies called some of the most docile of the localities, sorry I can't remember off hand the ones I've heard called the least docile. And yes, locality does have something to do with size, the mountain and desert locales/species are the smallest and the coastals are the largest. I have Mexicans and really like them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
rosy boa