interested! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
dragonss
interested!

I'm looking to increase my reptile collection here in a yr or so and I'm looking at some snakes my friend had baby ball pythons and there really cool but I'd like some info on red tail boas are they aggressive as the Pet store say they are?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
hhmoore
Stacy, you might get a better response to this in the Boa discussion forum, as this one is geared more toward arboreals (ATBs, ETBs, GTPs, carpets, etc). But, as a rule, I wouldn't give what most pet stores tell you about reptiles too much weight - whether it be regarding the temperament, or the care, of a species.

That said, red tail boas are generally fairly docile animals (as long as you are dealing with CB snakes, not WC adults...those are often kinda feisty). There are some differences between "true redtails", aka BCC (Boa constrictor constrictor) and common (redtailed) boas, aka BCI (Boa constrictor imperator) -as well as a number of locality animals, which vary in size, appearance, and temperament - so make sure you know what you are looking for before you buy.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
kimnrick04
Hi Stacy. I would say redtail can be a calm as ball pythons. I have a couple redtail that are like puppy's.They are actually my daughters. Any breed of snake can be calm or aggressive depending on how often you handle it. Ours get handle at least 4 times a week. I hope that helps.

Rick Vanderpool

Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
I think it's great that you're asking questions before you get your new charge instead of after Stacy; a lot of people wait until the get a new animal on impulse and then ask questions, often causing suffering on the animals and the new owners part. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
dragonss
thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!