sandfire dragon ranch - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
puppytoes72
sandfire dragon ranch

i found out about a week ago that jojo is positive for adeno virus.today i found out where she came from.for details you can check this link http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...ic.php?t=50448

Old 03-24-2007, 04:04 AM   #2
Cat_72
Michele,

While I am not trying to discredit your information in any way, and agreeing that it is very possible that your Jojo was born with or contracted Adeno at Sandfire, you have to consider it a distinct possibility that she also could have contracted it at Petco. Knowing what so-called standards Petco has for cleanliness and such with their reptiles, it's not unbelieveable.

Again, knowing as little as we do about this damn virus, it's so difficult to get a straight, definitive answer to anything......and I'm sure if Sandfire were to contact you, that would be their answer.

I'm very sorry you and Jojo have to go through this.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
puppytoes72
didnt i say that it was a possibility??there is ALWAYS a possibility that things arent what they seem but until sandfire can prove to me that they dont have adeno then i will continue warning people.i am still waiting to hear from them.this petco said that they use one other source but he couldnt even find a file for a delivery from the other company and they keep the paperwork for a year.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Cat_72
Michele, I understand that.....all I'm basically saying is that would probably be the answer you would get from Sandfire.

Since we don't know how long the virus can live in a unoccupied habitat, it is a possibility, though I find it as unlikely as you that it would have been contracted from there.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Cat_72
Sorry, hit "submit" too soon!

Or.....even if it had been a year since they last purchased from another seller, the last dragons they got from them could have passed it on to the next dragons they ordered from Sandfire.....and so on down the line for the last year.

Like I said, all UNLIKELY scenarios. I'm just trying to give you every possibility that may be thrown at you.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
puppytoes72
cathy,sorry if i came off a little snappy but i just woke up and i havent had my coffee yet,plz forgive me.this is very upsetting to me because this virus is so out of control.i will update if sandfire returns my call.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
Cat_72
Believe me Michele, I understand completely......no apologies needed. I've got a pot of coffee ready here if it helps any.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
puppytoes72
lol,i appreciate that

Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
shadi11
Thanks for posting Michele. Any word from Sandfire yet?
Jojo will be alright with you. Your a good mom

Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM   #10
puppytoes72
ty laura!well i just called them again and i am now going to post an update thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!