Good Guy Kylie Rakes of Gargoyle Queen Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:00 AM   #21
dancetoday
I just got a Chahoua from her today! I echo everyone's positive comments,she was great!

Old 10-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #22
sunandshadow
Outstanding experience with "The Gargoyle Queen", Kylie Rakes

Wow!
When people are doing things RIGHT in business, and especially when people are doing things RIGHT in a business that involves ANIMALS and people… those people need to be acknowledged. Kylie, of Gargoyle Queen Reptiles, is certainly someone who needs to be acknowledged.

I purchased a Gargoyle gecko from Kylie recently and have been more than pleased with every aspect of the transaction. But it goes way beyond being just a nice “transaction”… for now I have a new member of my family – and that is how this whole thing felt: like friends and family helping friends and family.

This is my very first Gargoyle gecko (I currently have 2 Leopard geckos) so I am learning all I can about them; and Kylie has certainly helped in that area. Besides having a very cool-looking website – which makes it fun to explore – her extremely detailed FAQs and Caresheet (on both Gargoyle and Crested geckos) are amazing! She makes sure that new/potential owners have all the important information (and then some) available right there on her GQR website. That makes it easy and is very, very helpful. One can truly see what’s involved in owning a gecko and caring for it properly.

For me though, WHICH Gargoyle to choose was the difficult part – they were all so beautiful. The photo galleries on her website are superb! Each showing a gecko in its “fired up” or “fired down” coloration when possible.

Something unique with this purchase was her “Purchase Questionnaire.” Some may groan at filling in this questionnaire, but I found this to be a fantastic tool. I wished more breeders would follow this practice. It is clear that Kylie has put a LOT of time and effort into caring for these special geckos, and by filling out this questionnaire it shows her that WE are equally serious and ready to commit to one (or more) of her animals.

Once my choice was made and the questionnaire submitted, Kylie was very attentive - emailing me promptly regarding payment, delivery times, tracking #s, etc. She was quite accommodating as her goal was – and should be – ensuring a prompt, safe delivery and receipt of her precious animals. Having such good salesmanship was an added bonus.

I found the “Handleability Scale Rating” to be a key feature. My little guy (“Glycol” on the website) had a “Handleability Scale Rating” of “8” and I assure you… that seems just about right! Maybe even a “9” now (meaning calmer). I have slowly been getting to know my little guy, not pushing it, but he will sit quietly for short bits (5 minutes!) on my hand …if I am still. This is amazing to me as he is still “new.” I have seen many videos of little Gargoyles leaping this way and that – always scrambling to get away. But now I can see (and sense) his need to leap, allowing me a moment to readjust so that IF he does leap he is kept safe.

He actually ate some Pangea Crested Gecko Diet within 2 days of arrival. I know that this may be rare, or it might just be part of who HE is. Maybe he is a calmer gecko and can settle in easier than most, but I must admit...it is more likely due to how he was raised/handled -- by the gentle, caring hands of Kylie, the Gargoyle Queen!

So I know he had a fabulous start at Gargoyle Queen Reptiles, and now I hope he’ll be happy here, too… part of my family for decades to come. I am loving every minute of it. Thank you Kylie!

Please do consider Gargoyle Queen Reptiles for your next gecko because from the initial purchase, to contact emails; to tracking numbers; to the arrival of my gecko; to included health history sheet that came with him; to the final follow ups and availability made by Kylie – I have found this whole experience to be exemplary.

Again…WOW!
Sorry to ramble, but it had to be said

All for now, Cheers!
E.H. & Gargoyle Gecko “Griffin” ("Glycol's" new name)

“Glycol” Gossa15001
Parents: Osiris x Satis
Weight: 5.9 grams, 9.1.15 (now 6.43 grams on 9/22/15)
Hatch Date: 6.10.2015
Handleability Scale Rating: 8 (now I would give him more of a “9”)

Old 10-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #23
raffeyg
We, too, have nothing but rave reviews for Kylie at Gargoyle Queen. She is the most professional breeder we have ever dealt with. Along with out three gargoyles, came their charts - with full descriptions of their health, what they were eating, weight, and any unusual characteristics of the animals. We hope that, as our business grows, to use her professionalism as an example to follow.

Ralph & April Granger
Heartland Herps
Topeka, KS

Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 PM   #24
KingRich
Review for Gargoyle Queen

I just received a Pine Island Chahoua gecko that I purchased from Kylie at Gargoyle Queen!! And I am nothing but impressed with my whole experience! Responded to all my emails right away, and was very informative. I was very impressed with her questionnaire and wanting to know her animals were going to a good home. Too many people buy animals without the slightest idea of how to take care of them. And too many sellers are not taking the steps to inform people properly. She has care sheets and information on every gecko species she offers, and also will answer any questions you have. I would recommend her to anyone looking for healthy and top quality reptiles!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #25
Pellypopper
Just got a gargoyle from her yesterday, and doing business with her was a dream. Very helpful, felt very genuine and was attentive in answering questions. My gecko was safely packaged, and more beautiful than the pictures could ever convey. Very professional breeder with very beautiful geckos. Already recommended to a friend, and will certainly point others in the same direction in the future. Long live the Gargoyle Queen

Old 12-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #26
ACRANEY
Fantastic Purchase Experience with Gargoyle Queen

I recently purchased a crested gecko (named Fenamiphos, partial pinstripe Halloween, pics are still up on her site if you'd care to take a look) from Kylie and the experience was extremely positive overall! She was very pleasant to communicate with, and was patient and helpful answering any questions I had. I managed to just catch the very end of her shipping window before the colder weather set in, and Kylie checked the temps every day to make sure we could schedule a delivery and ship safely. My little guy arrived gorgeous, and very securely packaged with a heat pack to ensure he stayed nice and warm in transit. If you make a purchase from Gargoyle Queen you won't regret it!

Old 03-17-2017, 04:15 AM   #27
beardedbro93
Talking Gargoyle Gecko Queen Feb/March 2017

I was doing a lot of research for where I wanted to buy my Gargoyle Gecko. I am currently living in Germany, and was having major trouble finding any breeders here on the internet. During that process I came across a lot of pages that lead me back here to Mrs. Kylie. I was very nervous, as I knew that exporting a gecko was likely not going to be an easy process, but man was I wrong. From first contact till today Mrs. Kylie has been beyond amazing. Always quick to answer, super nice, and you could really tell how much she cares. My little guy is here now and I love him so much. I can promise that whenever I decided to buy my next one I will be going straight back to Mrs. Kylie!

Brett Abner II

Old 04-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #28
Doug1855
Kylie Rakes Koskan "Gargoyle Queen"

Hi there my name is Douglas! I am posting this to show my appreciation to Kylie and her great service. I asked her so many questions, and sent her uncountable e-mails,it must have been kind of annoying. She was very prompt in responding back to me. I purchased a gargoyle gecko named Demosan, that just arrived this morning. I was very pleased with the whole transaction and how it was packaged. When I took out the the baby gargoyle gecko out of its container, it opened its mouth and warned me to leave him alone. I was surprised he was so alert, after being in a well insulated package for 24 hours. Now after about 5 hrs, his colors have changed, and he is absolutely gorgeous ! Kylie pictures on her website doesn't do him justice. I could only imagine what the rest of her geckos look like, they must be beautiful! I have been collecting reptiles for a long time and have seen a lot of geckos, but the one I just purchased from Kylie is indescribable. He is phenomenal!! Kylie is the best period! Looks like I will be buying a Chaua or aka mossy prehensile tailed gecko next. Thank you for everything Kylie!!

Old 04-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #29
bluespacelobster
Thumbs up

I recently purchased a baby gargoyle gecko, "Valeraldehyde" from Kylie at Gargoyle Queen Reptiles. I decided to buy from her because of her wonderful website. She has detailed care information, tons of pictures of all the available geckos, links to pictures of the geckos parents so you can see what colors they might develop. There were several geckos in my price range that I liked the look of. The deciding factor ended up being that this gecko's father apparently has a really nice personality, and I'm hoping mine inherits it, haha. I guess we'll see. But I really appreciate that kind of attention to detail. The information she sent with the baby even has it's favorite flavor of Pangea listed!
You can tell she really cares about the animals. If I get the itch for another New Caledonian gecko in the future, I will definitely buy from her again.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #30
CoyWolf
Just this morning I received my gargoyle gecko baby from Kylie at Gargoyle Queen Reptiles. The baby was healthy and alert after shipping and immediately ate some Pangea food. Kylie's website is fantastic and packed full of useful information. As a new reptile owner, I found the information very helpful. Unlike other websites where you just see a picture of the gecko, Kylie has other information like a scale to show how the gecko tolerates handling and you can view the gecko's parents and their bios. She also has purchase questionnaire to ensure that the gecko baby receives proper care. It's clear that she really cares about these geckos and wants them to go to good homes. On top of all that, her geckos are absolutely stunning! If you want to buy a gargoyle gecko, I highly recommend buying from Kylie!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!