Bad Guy UnderGround Reptiles should stay underground - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
reptilerenegade
Thumbs down UnderGround Reptiles should stay underground

I'm normally not one to complain, but I feel this should be said about the way Underground Reptiles does business. I recently purchased 2 crocodile monitors from them for my breeding project.

I asked about their health they said they were perfectly healthy, but failed to mention they both had rear foot injuries and the female was missing an eye. Seriously??? I asked about their length and they said they were a foot longer than actual. They couldn't tell me anything about their history,but failed to mention that the crocs originally came from them over five years ago.

I called the owner about the issues and he offered to take them back, but I couldn't bring myself to let these animals go back to irresponsible people that knew nothing of these animals care. The facility is nasty to say the least. I told the owner I was taking them to the vet and he immediately went defensive (as does his employees)and accused me of trying to rip him off. I didn't even mention money, just explaining that I was getting them care. Part of the deal was that I would be put in contact with the previous owner, which fortunately, happened.

I wish I would have some research before buying from these people. I encourage anyone to do the same with anyone. Take into consideration bad reviews before making that purchase.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Kilzac
Do you have any proof to back up your allegations (I.e, emails, photos, texts)?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
RichsBallPythons
Zach this is normal business for UGR. They import then sell as healthy yet ive yet to see a good transaction come from them.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Peligro22
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Zach this is normal business for UGR. They import then sell as healthy yet ive yet to see a good transaction come from them.
Unfortunately, this is not the first time I'm hearing about UGR & their bad business practices/animal care either. It's stopped me from buying many a gorgeous snake I've seen them offer.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
UndergroundReptiles
Allow me to take a minute to refute Mr. Fluty’s claim. First these animals were not recently purchased. They were purchased on April 5, 2013. Secondly the injuries Mr. Fluty is referring to were mentioned to him which is why they were originally marked at $2,000 and discounted to him at his request for $1750 which we agreed upon. The eye injury was a very old injury that had healed which Mr. Fluty knew about and was okay with. These animals were kept separately by a local friend of ours who had purchased them 5 years prior. Mr. Fluty knows the man and his contact info, which we provided him at his request so he could familiarize himself with how they were cared for. The issues with the bottom of the legs were also old scars that Mr. Fluty knew about but later tried saying they were open infections, for which he provided us with no veterinarian verification. He conveniently offered to forget about these scars if we send him $100 for which we refused and twice offered to have the monitors sent back to us. We heard nothing from him since then. It seems obvious if he had a real problem he would have been happy to send the animals back to us. However, it became obvious to us he just wanted more money and given that everything was disclosed and the monitor already discounted we were not willing to do anything else but take the monitors back. I’m also curious as to why Mr. Fluty waited so long to post if his experience was so poor. As far as Rich’s comments go it is obvious you have some issue with us, of which I am not certain since I do not believe we have had business together. I am hoping the BOI would be used by senior members such as yourself to bring about resolution and facts not unfounded cheap insults. We are happy members of the faunaclassified community and hope those reading this post will see the ridiculous nature of Mr. Fluty’s claim given everything that was done for him.

Ryan Borkan

Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
Allow me to take a minute to refute Mr. Fluty’s claim. First these animals were not recently purchased. They were purchased on April 5, 2013. Secondly the injuries Mr. Fluty is referring to were mentioned to him which is why they were originally marked at $2,000 and discounted to him at his request for $1750 which we agreed upon. The eye injury was a very old injury that had healed which Mr. Fluty knew about and was okay with. These animals were kept separately by a local friend of ours who had purchased them 5 years prior. Mr. Fluty knows the man and his contact info, which we provided him at his request so he could familiarize himself with how they were cared for. The issues with the bottom of the legs were also old scars that Mr. Fluty knew about but later tried saying they were open infections, for which he provided us with no veterinarian verification. He conveniently offered to forget about these scars if we send him $100 for which we refused and twice offered to have the monitors sent back to us. We heard nothing from him since then. It seems obvious if he had a real problem he would have been happy to send the animals back to us. However, it became obvious to us he just wanted more money and given that everything was disclosed and the monitor already discounted we were not willing to do anything else but take the monitors back. I’m also curious as to why Mr. Fluty waited so long to post if his experience was so poor. As far as Rich’s comments go it is obvious you have some issue with us, of which I am not certain since I do not believe we have had business together. I am hoping the BOI would be used by senior members such as yourself to bring about resolution and facts not unfounded cheap insults. We are happy members of the faunaclassified community and hope those reading this post will see the ridiculous nature of Mr. Fluty’s claim given everything that was done for him.

Ryan Borkan
No we never did business together, and there's a reason for that. From shipping out sick animals, deformed amphibians and so forth , im too smart for that!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
Kilzac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Ah, what a shame. Thanks for the heads up Rich!

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
allreptiles1966
Its well known that UGR are not so grand. I read all sorts of bad coming from this place.
I believe theres more on here about UGR also. I seen about a half dozen or more complaints. But,i guess if they are selling that many animals its bound to happen sometimes.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #9
allreptiles1966
Are there new owners ? It seems most of the complaints are in the last couple years.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #10
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Are there new owners ? It seems most of the complaints are in the last couple years.
Most are NOT repeat customers.

But I will never give ANYONE a free pass to say its bound to happen cause you deal with a lot of animals. If it happens like it is with UGR, then its time to step back, up Quality Control and downsize the operation!

Heres another incident that happened recently, Some already know about it due to Facebook but i feel it should be posted to show.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!