Info needed from Delta Dash known shippers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Fantasy Boas
Info needed from Delta Dash known shippers

Ok I'm in the processes of getting set up to be a known shipper through delta dash. Everything I have read up to this point has said that there was no fee to become a known shipper through them. The only cost was once you started shipping. Well this morning I got a email informing me I had to pay a $50.00 non-refundable fee before they will do the verification process. Is this right?
Here is a copy of the email I received.

Hello,

In review of your request to become a known shipper, it will be necessary to charge a non-refundable $50.00 fee to continue the process. Once the fee has been processed, we will send additional information concerning the verification procedures. If you are shipping warm blooded animals only, it is not necessary to be a known shipper.

To complete the form, click the appropriate boxes and tab to the next selection. Return completed form via email or fax to 404.714.0885. To send via email, go to File/Send to/Mail Recipient (as Attachment) to VerifiedShip.ATL808@delta.com. Please make sure to include the name of the company.

If we do not receive a response from you within 5 business days of this email, we will discontinue the process. If you decide at a later date to continue, please re-apply.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

<<CHARGE AUTHORIZATION.doc>>

Thank you,

Cyndi Harstvedt

Coordinator

Verified Shipping Desk

Delta Air Logistics

404.714.8179 - Phone

404.714.0885 - Fax

Old 10-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
dzoo
From what I understand they have to send an employee to inspect your business or facility so it does seem reasonable that they would charge a fee to cover that expense (especially with all the financial trouble airlines are in). They probably lose a lot of money inspecting places that end up not shipping with them or following through with the account etc...........

Old 10-20-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
Perhaps this is a new fee, but there was no charge involved in the verification process when I went through it two or three years ago.
In fact the whole thing is a joke. Two people came to the house, basically looked in the door fo the snake room, saw that I had a lot of snakes, and then we filled out the paperwork.
They drove an hour and a half or so to see me, stayed about 15 or 20 minutes and left.

Later on someone called me and I had to fax them a copy of my light bill with my address visible on it. Something about verifying I was operating out of a structure. Apparently it made no difference it was my house, and the fact two of their employees came to see me wasn't proof enough.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
chondrogal
The fee must be new, there was none in place when I applied and received my verified shipper status either. I have a storefront business and they sent an inspector (only 1 person) to verify my address/location which was approximately an hour drive one way also.

My process from start to finish was completed in approximately 2 weeks and was pretty quick and painless for me. I did agree to ship a minimum of 6 packages yearly I believe it was.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!