Any idea what these rescues are? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
Jmonroe2105
Any idea what these rescues are?

I kind of inherited these guys from a bad husbandry situation. It's a male and female pair and the female was just laying eggs in the tank because there was no lay box. Her tail was skinny and they just weren't very bright. They are both doing so much better and I expect the female will be laying again sometime very soon, and likely in her new lay box. Any idea what morph these guys may be?
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
snowgyre
They both appear to be patternless (aka leucistic) albinos. There are three strains of albinism in leopard geckos: Tremper, Rainwater/Las Vegas, and Bell. These are not Bells, but it is difficult to separate Tremper and Rainwater/Las Vegas patternless albinos apart. These are probably Tremper patternless albinos, since Trempers are far more common.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
Jmonroe2105
Thanks Vanessa! Is there anyway to better distinguish between the two? I can take additional pics if that would help.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #4
snowgyre
Nope, not really, but if I was a betting woman, I'd bet these are Trempers.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #5
Jmonroe2105
Very cool! I never really thought I liked Leopard Geckos but I've found these inquisitive friendly little creatures absolutely awesome additions to my household! Those cute little tongues just crack me up! Do you frequent any other forums related to husbandry etc.? I believe mine is all good but this isn't the most active forum.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
snowgyre
Geckoforums.net is another nice option that is more specific to geckos, whereas Faunaclassifieds is more of a general reptile site. We've got good people here on Fauna though, but sometimes the number of responses you get depends on when you posted (e.g. weekend vs. week night, etc.). I used to be quite active on Geckoforums, but I got out of leopard geckos about six years ago, so I don't go over there very often anymore. It's a nice community, I enjoyed it while I was there.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Jmonroe2105
I look at fauna very regularly in relation to my other reptiles, just didn't see a lot about leopard geckos other than what is for sale. I'll check that out! Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!