Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #191
reticguy76
the "infection" looks like busted yolk to me. not even in dogs have i ever heard of (or seen) a pyometra while a dog is preggo. the reason, im curious about this, is that i have read a few papers that animals infected with ibd, can potentially egg yolk rupture.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #192
reticguy76
oh, and i was referring to the link that elizabeth posted from rtb. those pics like yolk, not infection, to me anyway. unless my computer screen is messing colors up for me

Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #193
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
that i have read a few papers that animals infected with ibd, can potentially egg yolk rupture.
If these "papers" are available online, can you PM me the links? I've never read this myself, and now you have me and my Vet both curious.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #194
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
If these "papers" are available online, can you PM me the links? I've never read this myself, and now you have me and my Vet both curious.
I'm curious to read these, too. IBD can open the door to secondary infections, but I'm interested in it possibly causing infections to ova/developing embryos specifically...

Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #195
hboyles66
It has been brought to my attention that Ashley has finially decided to stop breeding, selling, or buying snakes. But it does suck that it took all these pages of threads and a person to keep an eye of her for her to realize she was really messing up. Maybe someday she take responsibility for her actions as she still feels that she is perfect and has done nothing wrong even with all the lies she has been found guilty of.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #196
Elizabethlea27
Yesterday I had my first encounter with the snake mite. They are on all of the boas in my main collection, yet only on Ashley's snakes in the quarantine room.

I've always watched my boas carefully for any problems - signs of RI, mites, anything - and nothing showed up until yesterday, long after Ashley's boas arrived. Also the boas in my snake room came from a total of two people, both reputable breeders who I very much trust. AND the box they came in came included a corn snake, who DOES NOT have mites. None of the corn snakes in my snake room has mites, leading me to believe they did not come from aspen bedding or that room, as corn snakes were my first snakes and if it were to have been a long-established problem they would be the first to have mites. My thought is that mites or their eggs hitched a ride on my clothes from Ashley's snakes into my main room, probably soon after they arrived, when I was not aware of the enormity of the danger, although I was quarantining.

As soon as I got word of possible IBD (and mites) in Ashley's collection, I checked the animals she sent me for mites, and could find none, visually, but they are grey speckled snakes AND I did not think to bathe them - I assumed I would see moving black dots.
Now that I know better I bathed every single one of my snakes to see where it may have come from (including corns, boas, mean boas, everyone), and having ruled out my first boas via the corn that came with them, it looks like Ashley's snakes brought mites with them.

I am in the process of treating my entire collection now.
I am doing everything in my power now to get my boas through this alive, I hope I am not too late.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #197
hboyles66
This is what I was talking about. maybe Ashely didn't intend on this happening but she also did not do much to stop it either. I am very sorry to hear of your mite problem. I hope all goes well. Have you informed Ashley?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 AM   #198
Elizabethlea27
Thank you, I have informed Ashley just now, but only to let her know, not for any sort of compensation. I don't care about getting money from her, all I want is for my boas not to be sick. And that has nothing to do with her now, other than letting others know what is and has gone on.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #199
crotalusadamanteus
Sorry to hear about the mites. If anything, I'd say it was eggs that came with the snakes, not hitched a ride on you, and the life cycle is such that they've hatched and laid their own eggs, and are multiplying now to a point that they're more noticeable.

Good luck getting rid of them.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #200
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
It has been brought to my attention that Ashley has finially decided to stop breeding, selling, or buying snakes. But it does suck that it took all these pages of threads and a person to keep an eye of her for her to realize she was really messing up. Maybe someday she take responsibility for her actions as she still feels that she is perfect and has done nothing wrong even with all the lies she has been found guilty of.
Not sure where you heard that, but maybe now the pressure is on her to FINALLY do the RIGHT thing.

As of yesterday AM, the CL ad was still up. I haven't looked again.

I know there's a reptile expo coming up this weekend & she's listed as a vendor, so who knows?

Given all the contradicting information, so far.. I can't say I trust her "word".

I think it's sad it took bringing this to the BOI to get Ashley to pull the ads, and I still don't think she truly understands the repercussions and severity based on her comments & attitude elsewhere.

I feel bad for everyone that has purchased snakes and are now in limbo, questioning the health of their snakes. There are quite a few out there we don't know about, and who aren't aware of this thread.

I hope we're wrong, but the evidence PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was definitely a window for exposure. I only hope it didn't happen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd