Question about feeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
Rud3Bwoy
Question about feeding

So a few times i fed my dragon large crickets,he is not that old but neither small anymore,he eats them just fine and poops daily,question if i wanted to feed him large crickets instead what would you guys suggest on x amount to feed him per a session?i feed daily twice btw.

i like to monitor feed and control how much he feeds also this would be better as it would fill him up a tad faster.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Pmsayi
We let ours free feed on mealworms for most of the year. My wife and I feel that they can do a better job of figuring out how much they need to eat than we can. None of our dragons are over or under weight so this method has worked well for us. They also always have a bowl of vegetation available at all times. Right now ours are not eating much as they are in their winter brumation cycle.

As far as feeding crickets I used to offer as many as they would eat in 10-15 minutes twice a day. Obviously they had access to water and vegetation at all times. The crickets should only be as large as the space between the eyes of the dragon they are being offered to and uneaten crickets should be removed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!