Wisconsin Doesn't Ban Ownership of Exotic Animals - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
EricWI
Wisconsin Doesn't Ban Ownership of Exotic Animals

Articles such as this are almost always precursors to introduction of legislation. Whether reptiles will be lumped into it, we shall see...

Wisconsin Doesn't Ban Ownership of Exotic Animals
http://www.wbay.com/story/15744643/2...exotic-animals

Old 10-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
garweft
Hooray..... More legislation against personal freedoms!!

Now all Wisconsin needs is a few setup "escaped" exotics to help push the cause forward.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
BobOblak
I listened to several shows on WI Public Radio last week in which legislators discussed this issue and stated that they are planning to draft legislation.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
BobOblak
Oh, and yes, reptiles are included. One of the legislators mentioned the huge problem of escaped boa constrictors, as being one of the problems that needs to be brought under control.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
Oh, and yes, reptiles are included. One of the legislators mentioned the huge problem of escaped boa constrictors, as being one of the problems that needs to be brought under control.
I wish I lived in WI!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
tarawr
Woo hoo! I recently moved to WI. So far, have not seen any escaped snakes... not that they would do well during this time of year. It snowed yesterday! Haha.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
BobOblak
Hey Tara, welcome to WI!
The escaped snakes are there in abundance, and surviving, even if you cant see them, many others apparently can! Its like the UFO phenomenon: When the UFO experts are around, the UFO's never are. They only appear when the nonexperts are around. The snake problem is so bad in WI, that the state legislature actually had to pass a law this year specifically banning snakes from the state capitol in Madison. The legislators snake pits must be sufficiently stocked, I guess. EricWI is our legislation watchdog and he can fill you in on any details if they are not already posted here. Right now Middleton is in crisis over an alligator. All of these exotic animal issues are a boon to the legislators right now because they can appear to be justifying their jobs by addressing those, instead of dealing with the actual problems facing WI, which would require them to stop being prostitutes to the the lobbyists that infest the state capitol.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #8
tarawr
Any updates on this? Hows that alligator over in Middleton? I was thinking of taking a road trip to go see it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!